“Avoid” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Inn Restaurant

Alpine Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Greenville, NC
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We had a terrible breakfast here. The (mediocre) buffet was supposed to last until 10:30am, but the staff started emptying it out at 10am. Do they have a manager?

• Visited August 2013

Joliet, Illinois
“Dinner amongst the Trees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We three,sat outside and at the Hummus appetizer, 2 Weinnerschnitzel and a NY Strip. The steak was "just OK" my partner is telling me but my schnitzel was very good. i found the prices at about 25.00 per person, drinks included to very reasonable. ( We had just been at Mt Rainier where we had to grab a bite and bought the cheapest thing on the menu - Grilled cheese sandwiches paying an exorbitant 8.50 for just a sandwich and an extra small pack of chips. Burnt Coffee was 2.50 a cup at the Mt Rainier). We enjoyed it very much, peppered with a bit of hunger. Yes, the service staff could be a little more motivated but we found them friendly and competent.

• Visited July 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Nice staff, poor food, ridiculous prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I simply cannot understand the glowing reviews here. Each to their own i suppose. The staff were all very nice and friendly, the food was weak. My dish was literally some penne pasta with 6 prawns and a few cherry tomatoes thrown in. If I was being generous I'd say there was probably $3 worth of ingredients on my plate. So to charge me $24 is a total rip off. The last couple of nights I've eaten in two high end restaurants in Portland where quality entrees with fresh ingredients cost $10 less. I despise it when customers are treat like this because there is no other choice.

• Visited June 2013
silicon valley
“minimal and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

the wait staff woud rather be else where and it shows. It is the only choice on the resort, so do not plan on options.

Visited March 2013
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
“Great food close to great skiing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Our group of 4 considered driving to Enumclaw to eat, then thought we would try the Alpine Inn Restaurant to avoid the drive. We were very happy we did! The menu had something for everyone in our group. The steaks were cooked as ordered. I had the Hungarian Goulash and it was delicious and different. With a few shared appetizers, we were too full for dessert so we came back in the morning for their breakfast buffet.
The buffett was a great option on the way to the slopes as it was ready and hot with a nice variety from the usual scrambled eggs and bacon to oatmeal. The wait staff was attentive and kept our coffee cups full. Not bad for $12 each!

• Visited February 2013