“Mt Rainier with Diann”

Discover Nature, LLC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in small group day tours to Mount Rainier National Park. We pick you up at your South Puget Sound hotel or local Park-n-Ride in our clean and comfortable touring van. With our small group size, we can cater the day to your desires and offer more time at locations of your choice. During your tour you will have the opportunity to hike in old growth forests, feel the mist of thundering waterfalls, look for pika, marmot, fox, deer, bear and other wildlife; learn about glaciers and native trees, hear about the colorful people who pioneered the creation of the park, and of course, stand in awe at the sight of magnificent Mt. Rainier!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When I planned for the tour and booked it .. Diann rung me up and gave insights about what all can be done in a day on the tour.. When We actually toured on May 30th .. I was very much impressed with Diann's knowledge on the surroundings and she can really advise on when to go to which place at Rainier .. she took us around to the best of the places that can be visited in a day.. n she was patient about all the stops I was asking her to make for the photography that I was doing ..
she was very much helpful in pretty much everything that we did on the tour.. I would be pleased to tour again with Diann just to know more n more best places at Rainier..Thanks Diann..you are the best..

Diann S, Owner at Discover Nature, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you Bharani for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and to be a part of your 1st year wedding anniversary! I appreciate your passion for the beautiful outdoors and your joy in photographing it as well. Watching you and your wife enjoy her first time in snow is something I will always remember. It was an honor to share the day with you both. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I hope to see you both again for another tour!

Happy travels ~ Diann

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went on a day trip to Mt Rainier with tour guide Diann. It was such an amazing time. Diann did not have other guest on the tour since it was the off season but she still took me without other guest. Diann is a very intelligent, interesting and sweet person everyone will automatically click with her personality.

On this trip not only will you see the beautiful environment but if you have questions about it Diann can answer and educate you.
Diann will show you different areas of Mt Rainier and all of them just as beautiful as the last. You can hike, see waterfalls, eat lunch around beautiful scenery and if your lucky see some wildlife. When I went it was the end of April and I was able to see snow and go snow shoeing and through binoculars see mountain goats.

I don't want to make this too long but the point is this experience was worth every penny and then some. I recommend this trip to everyone it is definitely an amazing experience I will never forget!!!!

Diann S, Owner at Discover Nature, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for your flattering review. I have to say you were the most prepared Floridian I have taken on a tour so far. We certainly enjoyed a wintery day on The Mountain. I am glad to hear that this trip was a memory maker for you. It was a joy to share the day with you for sure.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to review your day in the Park. May you have many more amazing adventures!

safe travels and thank you again ~ Diann

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Diann was an absolutely fantastic guide. In addition to being very knowledgeable about the area, Diann provided a personalized tour based on my family's interests. Always patient and willing to stop for pictures, Diann provided an experience you won't get from larger, crowded touring co's. My family had a great time and I recommend Discover Nature for anyone looking for a unique outdoor experience! Thanks, Diann

Thank you Bob for your time in taking my tour to the beautiful Mt. Rainier National Park with your family and writing a review upon your return. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and share a winter day in the Park. The snowball/softball games were fun too! Sharing time in the Park with others is truly a delight, and being able to provide the flexibility and time for families to enjoy each other in Nature creates a real purpose to my work.

I know you and your family will be enjoying many more National Parks and continue to create wonderful memories together.

Many thanks and happy adventuring! ~ Diann

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This tour was incredible. I was only in the area for three days and was positive that I wanted to see The Mountain. Diann was not only willing to take me up during the winter season but to do so despite me being the only traveler interested in going that day. I seriously can not put into words how incredible the naturescapes were, both near Paradise and in the Old Growth trails. Well prepared and incredibly knowledgeable of the area, Diann was a wonderful guide and I would highly recommend her trips again!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your day tour to Mt. Rainier. It was truly a delight to share the beauty of the park with you. I appreciate your passion for nature and true sense of adventure. I wish you many more visits to the beautiful National Parks around the World.

Happy studies and safe travels ~ Diann

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This tour was fantastic. Actually I was the last one to take the tour and visit the mountain in 2013. Diann is extremely nice and helpful. There were few tours during winter time for Mr. Rainier, especially for only one person. Diann agreed to take me to the mountain, and she showed me the magnificence of Mr.Rainier just for me. It was a great tour; unlike many other day tours, we were able to arrange our time to see the best part of the mountain as I am the only person for the tour. Diann definitely knew where is the best place to go and see, and also when is the greatest time as it is hard to see the peak of Mr.Rainier during winter time. Diann's enthusiasm is impressive; she is willing to show the best part of the mountain and enjoy the mountain with me. It was a perfect tour and a perfect for me at Mr. Rainier, and I truly enjoyed the tour.

Diann S, Owner at Discover Nature, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review Leo. I value your comments, and also thank you for your recent referral. It was an honor to be your guide, and I am glad to hear the trip is one that you truly enjoyed.

I wish you many more wonderful adventures!

safe and happy travels,