“Stunning hike to the lake”
Review of Blue Lake trail

Blue Lake trail
Cleveland, Australia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Stunning hike to the lake”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Today hiking with a fresh fall of snow on the ground, at times we wondered if we were heading in the right direction! Worth the hike, stunning views along the wat and the lake was very stunning, not sure if it was blue though!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carie B

Newtown, PA
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 496 helpful votes
“Worth every effort to this great spot”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A tremendous reward for the moderate 2.2 mile hike up to the lake. Although the trails are a little sketchy going around the lake, I recommend going to the other side. Blue Lake reminded us of our trip to the Canadian Rockies last summer. Just a beautiful spot in the North Cascades.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank relayer
Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Blue Lake gets an A+”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Steady uphill walk for 2.2 miles to alpine lake. Starts out paralleling the road, hwy 20, so traffic noise. But after the switchback, peaceful. Nice flowers in the meadow after the deep, dark woods. Lots of Karner blue butterflies. The uphill feels l-o-n-g but once you get to Blue Lake, the payoff is spectacular. The lake is turquoise blue with spires towering above. Stunning reflections of glacier-like features in the water. We enjoyed cheese and crackers while soaking in the view. Magnificent. An A+ hike cause its vigorous but with an outstanding payoff. My feet were sore on the way down so I walked part of it in my stocking feet. I saw a 10 year old boy doing this and asked his name. Then I said, " if its good enough for Julian, it's good enough for me." My feet thanked me. July 29, 2013.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank pinehollowgirl
Winthrop, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Rewarding hike for the family”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Moderate short hike to a wonderful alpine lake. Bring a swim suit - a brief dip in the snow filled lake is a great dare.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank moley99
Utah
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Worth the Two Mile Hike”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is a pleasant hike. We went with our ten year old daughter, teenage sons and a close friend. The view of the lake was exquisite. It is a gorgeous shade of blue with majestic mountains and trees. Do leave yourself plenty of time to hike in and out. It took us a little longer than expected. We were caught in a light rain and made it back to the car just as it was getting dark. There is a restroom at the beginning of the trail. Bring a camera and take tons of pictures! This park is relatively new and is beautiful. Take time to stop and take pictures. Bring water and snacks. Great visitor's center.

Visited October 2012