“Beautiful”
Review of Wild Basin Area

Wild Basin Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic walking area through lush forest.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

It was a fantastic hike with my adventurous 4,6, and 8 year old and husband! We hiked just enough for their inexperienced little legs and there was plenty of parking and a couple "outdoorsy" restrooms. We will be back for longer treks and stays!

1 Thank Natasha G

Grand Rapids, Michigan
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic hike!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our favorite hike of our trip. Beautiful water all along the way. Lots of wildlife and scat, falls, rocks, beauty!

Visited June 2014
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Snow and Relative Solitude”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

This area is much quieter than the Bear Lake area. We found great snowshoeing and saw very few people. There was no entrance fee at the time we visited.

We will definitely go back to this less-traveled area in the summer!

Check it out.

2 Thank SummitRidge
Englewood, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful Wilderness”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

It may be some time before this area is safe to hike because of the flooding, I would definitely check with the park service before hand. Great area to hike, lots of small waterfalls. Be prepared to pay 20$ if you do not have a US national park pass.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank joeyv78
Concord, New Hampshire
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Trail to Calyoso Cascades - Easy, Lovely Two Hour Hike”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My two adult children and I took this trail recently on a Saturday afternoon around 4 p.m. Considering the time, I planned on only going to Copeland Falls. But the park ranger at the entrance assured me I could get to the Cascades and back in two hours. This proved true even though we stopped to take a number of photos along the way. If you enjoy walking heavily forested trails with waterfall views, you will enjoy this one. You will also be treated to lovely mountain views between the trees, especially on the way back to the trailhead. This trail is graveled and well maintained with no rock scrambling involved. There are a number of steps as you approach the Cascades. So if you are easily winded, keep that in mind. When we went last week, there were beautiful wildflowers to photograph as well. I wish we would have had time to continue on to Ouzel Falls, which I'm sure was spectacular.

Visited September 2013