We had reservations for three nights in room 303 of the Sequoia building of Wuksachi. The first night was uneventful at this over-priced location. The second night we got very little sleep as mice were running throughout the room and in our luggage. I discussed it with the staff at 6 AM and my concerns about hantavirus. We had visted Yosemite in 2012 when several people died after having been exposed to the mice-born virus so I am not at all patient when dealing with rodents in expensive rooms. When the manager arrived at 7 AM he promised a refund for the second night and also promised to cancel any charges for the third night as we checked out early. I will monitor my credit card statement to see if the promises are upheld and my deposits are refunded. If I wanted to deal with mice I would have booked a tent site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge