This was probably the best accommodation during our 10 days travel through different national parks in California and Utah. We arrived very late and although the restaurant was already closing we were still given a table and got very friendly service. The restaurant had a wonderful choice of food - most unexpected in the middle of this national park and both dinners and breakfasts were excellent. Our room was in the Stewart building and had no problems whatsoever.
We liked it so much at Wuksachi that we extended for another night (luckily there was a room available, since it was not a weekend).
I do agree with other reviews that the layout and access to the rooms can be a bit confusing, especially when you arrive in the dark.
At checkout we had a little mix-up with room rates and restaurant bills, but the manager was quick to find solutions and everything worked out well.
That wifi is not available in the rooms and only in the lobby/restaurant area seems to be standard in all lodges of national parks - even hotels in some cities. Considering the location of the lodges I think it is great to have wifi at all !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge