We stayed in Wuksachi Lodge at the end of April when we visited Sequoia National Park. The lodge is in the middle of the park. We came in from the south-west entrance and it took us a long time to reach the hotel due to the winding mountain road. The room was Ok, however the cleaning crew seemed not doing a thorough job in cleaning the room. The coffee pot with last guest's leftover coffee was not cleaned. A used hand towel was still hanging on the shower curtain rod. . All the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant in the lodge was excellent in comparing to most other in-park restaurants.
The lodge is located in the middle of woods. The surrounding looks beautiful. It takes about 10 minutes to the Giant Sherman tree.
On the day of our visit, there was a dramatic weather change. More than 15 inches' snow fall was accumulated overnight. Our car was totally buried in the snow. The crew from the hotel was very helpful in clearing the snow and helped us moved our car. They also helped other guests in installing the snow chain etc.
From Wuksachi Lodge to Kings Canyon is not that far if highway 180 is opened. However, due to the overnight snow, the general highway from Sequoia National Park to Kings Canyon National Park was closed. We had to turn back from where we came in (highway 198) the day before and took the route from outside the park (route 63) to get to the John Muir Lodge in the King’s canyon National Park.. It took us about 3 - 4 hours to get to the other side of the mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge