Wuksachi Lodge is the newest of the properties we stayed at in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks. The Wuksachi main lodge is grand and beautiful and features a reception area (complementary coffee), gift shop and dining room. The guest rooms are in separate buildings, a short walk or drive from the main lodge. Though they don't compare to a regular hotel, the guest rooms are spacious ceiling fans, TV (choices and definition are not great), a nice sized refrigerator in the room and coffee maker. The beds were comfortable enough and the bathroom was large and clean. Dinner at the lodge was particularly good: I ordered fresh trout served with wild rice and enjoyed a basil and lime cocktail; all delicious. There were also great selections for the vegans in our party. The breakfast service was OK with a sizable spread of options. Wifi is available in the main lodge only and cell service is spotty. A little on expensive side. If you only have a couple of days to spend in the parks, I would recommend Wuksachi Lodge and the following nearby hikes: Congress Trail and the General Sherman tree is very easy, Moro Rock is a little more challenging but short, and Little Baldy is even more challenging with a beautiful panoramic view at the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge