“What a work out!”
Review of Bearfence Mountain

Bearfence Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular scenic area.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Believe the description of this hike! It is a scramble and climb across the rocks at the top of the mountain. Not for the faint at heart. Go with a friend, in case you get stuck.

2  Thank longing4AZ

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Although this hike is only about a mile and a half, it's a nice little challenge The gorgeous view from the summit is a worthy pay-off. I am a regular hiker and the rock scramble was not particularly difficult for me. My 9-year-old fearless nephew was on his first hike and had a blast!

2  Thank Jean0713
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hike is challenging for the very cool rock scramble at the top. You look up and say "Is that a trail blaze on that rock?" and yes, it is! Lots of fun, but not for those who aren't agile or are afraid of heights. Our 9 & 10 year old boys loved it.

2  Thank Rachael C
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a challenging hike - but very much doable and absolutely worth the trouble. I am a 57 yr old woman in moderately good physical condition and completed this hike with little difficulty - there is a rock scramble that can be challenging, but worth the view, which is spectacular - I would not recommend this hike in wet weather as the rocks could be slippery and definitely wear good foot gear! Enjoy the View!

1  Thank buffalohoneys
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'm 62 yrs old and in good shape ( I guess). This was an easy hike, but my first ever rock scrabble, and unsure what that was. I you also don't know, you will be climbing large boulders. It's not bad, but I did have to put my camera into my backpack so it wouldn't smash into the rocks. The 360* view from the top of Bearfence was worth every step. Not good hike for little kids.