US$268
US$260
US$282
La Quinta
Historic Pioneer Lodge(Springdale)(Great Value!)
US$361
Agoda.com
Bumbleberry Inn(Springdale)
TripAdvisor
2,113 results
All reviewswestern cabinthe red rock grillrocking chairsgas fireplacetwo double bedsangel's landingfront lawnwatchman buildingcanyon wallsmule deerno elevatorhiking trailssmall porchprivate balconypark shuttlegift shopmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2012

At check in, I was assigned the handicapped accessible room 102 on the first floor. I asked for a second floor regular room and the clerk said there would be one available later in the day. I said I would wait but her supervisor came out and assured me that the room had a wonderful view and was one that was requested often. Not good. It was right next to the lodge. Had to keep the shades down because everyone who walked by stared in. Couldn't enjoy the view. At night couldn't sit on the porch because there is a light right in front of it, blinding. Took a bath after a great hike and hit my head on the handicapped rails. Couldn't use the mirror in the bathroom for my contacts or makeup since the sink was made for a wheel chair to go under. Bed was comfortable though. I left $1 and some change on the nightstand to use in the soda machine when I got back from my hike. Gone when I got back! Makes me wonder what else is missing that I haven't noticed. No evening activities. Food and service at the restaurant were mediocre at best. I spit out my chicken. Awful! Waitress was more preoccupied with talking with a friend who was hanging out drinking than with customers. Stay outside park..shuttle service is wonderful! I stayed at Grand Canyon, paid less, and had a great experience...Xanterra should fix this one! Waste of money and vacation time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cathy0
Xanterra, Manager at Zion Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback on your stay at Zion Lodge. Your comments are valuable as they assist us with improving the quality of our products and services.

I was saddened to read about the recent experience you had with your room at Zion Lodge. You should have been given a standard room, as requested. Please know that we do our best to provide every guest with accommodations that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations. Clearly, this wasn't the case with your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to deliver on our promise. We always try to encourage guests to bring any issues to our attention during their stay so we have the immediate opportunity to fix them. Again I apologize if this wasn't communicated to you at anytime during your visit. I will address your situation with my team to ensure this never happens again.

I truly hope your recent experience doesn't affect future plans to visit Zion. If you happen to return in the near future, please let me know. I would be happy to make sure that your next stay is far more enjoyable.

Daisy Hobbs

Reviewed 22 April 2012

It is said that the three most important things for a successful hotel are, you guessed it, location, location, and location. If that is true, Zion Lodge can't be beat. It is located toward the north end of the park, in the bottom of the Virgin River valley that has carved the various rock layers to make the fantastic shear cliffs that attract visitors from around the world.
The hotel is well maintained, the rooms comfortable, and each has a balcony from which to enjoy an ever-changing light and shadow show from morning until darkness (see photo). Several hiking trails start near by, and if you're and early riser, being able to use them before the crowds is an extraordinary experience. Zion provides a tram service beginning in April, through the fall. During this period, as a guest, you can drive your car to the hotel, and south to the entrance, but no farther north. In the winter months there is no tram service and cars are allowed throughout the park. We found the food acceptable, but not extraordinary. Buffet breakfast is a good value ($10.99) for a very bountiful selection. Reservations for dinner are needed year round. In nearby Springdale, we return to the Bit and Spur restaurant, and have never been disappointed. The Spotted Dog is also good, but fairly pricy for the area.

Zion is terrific any time of year, and staying at the Lodge was a good experience.

Room Tip: We were next to a mechanical room on the second floor (216) which had an annoying fan. Although we called maintenance, it apparently couldn't be quieted. Second floor rooms (front side) have great views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were hiking trails and liked the look of the place. It was back to Kanab Utah or stay in the park for double the cost. I said let us do it. Biking and hiking into the evening.

Rooms were available, a very nice gentleman at the desk assured us that, although rooms were made up, a great view one would be available in a few hours. He'd assign us that one. Second floor, great view.

A couple of hours later, I was still riding and my wife was getting ready to quit. She rode back to the lodge to check in. A very large woman, with a much larger attitude, assigned us a first floor place, limited view. As my wife does, she tried to reason with this person. We had waited (pleasantly enough) all afternoon for the GREAT VIEW, SECOND FLOOR ROOM (sorry).

After many minutes of the clerk complaining how hard this all was, we got our second floor room. Right above the hotel laundry. It sounded like a 737 was taking off, under our room.

Thanks, big lady, you won. We wasted $200.

But there is more. The rooms are very nicely decorated, very lodge for a motel. Lots of oak and a great deck. But the AC unit, that 737 was right back in the room. I'd say no to the motel, no matter where. The AC was ridiculously noisy.

Good thing though, was you got to take your car into the canyon if you were a guest. Great bike roads in the canyon. Beautiful views. Good hikes and a great little National Park.

We had fun anyway.

If they assign you room 421 or the Powell Suite, run like the wind. The laundry stops at 6 pm and starts at 7am. All the workers hang out outside the laundry and smoke and chat. Very bad.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms at the end of the building toward the park entrance. Unless yyou want to hear dryers and smell bleach for your park "experience".
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zigzagg
Xanterra, Manager at Zion Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Zion Lodge. We review every comment left on TripAdvisor as we look for ways to improve the quality of the products and services we offer here.

I was disappointed to read that you did not receive the room and view you were promised; rather, you were provided a room above our laundry facility. This is unacceptable. I encourage my staff to go above-and-beyond when accommodating guests. I am somewhat discouraged that this did not appear to be the case during your recent visit. Please, accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that your comments will be addressed with my staff to ensure a similar situation does not happen again.

Daisy Hobbs

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We had one of the little cabins. Whilst it was fairly basic, it did have a log effect gas fire which we liked! And the views were amazing and we could walk to the main lodge for food, etc. Staff were really friendly. Having come from the Lodge at Bryce Canyon (Terrible rip off) this was better value. But, like all lodges in the national parks, they are expensive for what you get. That said, it takes ages to get in an out of Zion so it's worth paying the extra to stay in the middle of the canyon.

Room Tip: Cabins are nice. We had 518
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

we stayed in cabin just away from the main lodge and it was very nice. rustic appearance but it had all the amenities. it only had double beds and that was only drawback.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family