We and rented a vacation home -- which was beautiful and easily could have fit a third family. The setting was outstanding, and was RIGHT outside the east entrance of Zion - but it was a long drive to the Zion visitor center and Springdale. Also the 6 mile drive from the main road felt really long after a day at the park.
There was not easy access to groceries (30-40 minutes in any direction) if you plan on utilizing the kitchen as we did. Plan ahead and stop in Glaziers in Kanab.
We did not take advantage of any of the amenities or restaurants at the resort, but everything seemed a little downscale.
In short, the vacation home rental worked really well for our situation, but for the next time we got to Zion (and we will) we will probably stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the top of Zion National Park amidst a forest of Ponderosa pine trees, Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort offers great lodging options; Vacation Homes, Cabins Suites, Cowboy Cabins, Western Wagons, and RV / Tent Campground. We offer excellent dining services at our Blue Belly Grill and Gus & Rosey's restaurants. We offer more activities on-property than any resort in the region, including horseback riding, jeep tours, zip line, climbing wall, canyoneering / hiking excursions, ATV tours, miniature golf, paint ball, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Hotel Zion National Park
- Zion Ponderosa Hotel
- Zion Ponderosa Resort
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort Zion National Park, Utah