My friend and I used the Livingsocial voucher at $119 for 2 nights including 4 activities vouchers for the cowboy cabin. I bought 1 voucher and my friend bought the 2nd = 4 nights at Zion Ponderosa. The check in process was quick and pleasant. The cowboy cabin consisted of 2 queen bunk beds and a pulled out couch. Pretty much better than expected. You will use shared restroom and showers (not a big problem for us on the first 2 days, but on the 2nd and 3rd day there were more guests so you might have to wait 30-45 mins for shower room availabilities). There is a continental breakfast included with your stay, however don't get too excited....the options are limited and most people won't considered this "continental". For our activities vouchers, you just need to go straight to the BARN and sign up for your desired activities. My friends and I paid $11 each to buy one more ticket to do the ATV 2 hrs drive (there is an option for 1 hr). It was pretty fun and allow for you to explore the other side of Zion.
Overall Zion Ponderosa Resort is a reasonable place to stay during the off season - I wouldn't recommend to stay here during Peak Summer Travels since I can foresee issues with too many guests. It is a lot cheaper than staying near the park, but you will need 30-40 mins drive from Zion Ponderosa to get to the Visitor Center - Zion National Park. I highly advise against driving to the resort late at night (after 9pm) because you will miss signs pointing to the resort (there is no lights on these paved road to the resort).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the top of Zion National Park amidst a forest of Ponderosa pine trees, Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort offers great lodging options; Vacation Homes, Cabins Suites, Cowboy Cabins, Western Wagons, and RV / Tent Campground. We offer excellent dining services at our Blue Belly Grill and Gus & Rosey's restaurants. We offer more activities on-property than any resort in the region, including horseback riding, jeep tours, zip line, climbing wall, canyoneering / hiking excursions, ATV tours, miniature golf, paint ball, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Hotel Zion National Park
- Zion Ponderosa Hotel
- Zion Ponderosa Resort
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort Zion National Park, Utah