“Nice park, but crowded”

US$472.99*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
US$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
US$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Angels landing is a great hike, well maintained and a hike that gets your blood running. Main issue we had was towards the top, it is quite narrow and people are going up and down at the same time. Very hard to navigate at the top when park is at its busy time. Had to stop before we made it to the very top due to waiting for herds of people coming down and not letting us get to top. Very well hike other wise.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My Husband & I are hikers. We have done a number of hikes in multiple countries & Angles Landing has to be one of the best we have seen. The hike up to the top is an adventure. The switchbacks are strenuous so be prepared to drink lots of water and take a few breaks. Once you get to the part of the hike where you are hanging onto chains to climbs upwards you are too focused on the stunning view to notice any difficulty in the hike. Once we reached the top we just sat and admired Zion before heading back down. My advice: START EARLY. We were up at 5:30AM so we could hit this trail before the herds of people came out. It was worth it.

3  Thank AshleyB196
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hike is best done early in the day when the trail is mostly in the shade. I hiked to the top of Walters wiggles which is just below angels landing. Not a very long hike but it was definitely one of the longest 2 miles up that I have ever hiked. Very steep but amazing. Make sure you pack plenty of water for this one.

1  Thank Kcooperr
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Amazing and adrenaline pumping hike.
The views are absolutely amazing an make it all worthwhile.
Here's a tip...Get up early and go do this hike to avoid the crowds! It was about 11 am on our way down and it was beginning to get very crowded.
It is not an easy hike even though it is an improved trail most of the way up and I think that was deceiving to many people. I saw several people on my way down that were having a tough time getting up and even a couple that were frozen where they were! Additionally, if you are not at least moderately in good shape, I would not attempt this hike. It's not long but it is steep and there are places that you will need to have your wits about you.
You can easily get to Scouts Lookout before heading up to Angels Landing and the view from there is wonderful as well. So if you decide not to be as adventurous as some you can still enjoy a tremendous view.

3  Thank Olineman
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my second trip to Zion and I came this time specifically for this hike. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! But before I review - MAKE SURE YOU ARE EQUIPPED PROPERLY WITH WATER AND ANY ENERGY SNACKS!!! I saw so many people on the trail that were not adequately prepared...

I would agree with other reviewers by saying that this is a strenuous hike and not meant for those who have a fear of heights or are averse to having to climb rocks with little safety. The hike can be broken up into a few segments.
The first mile or so of the hike are longer straights at a decent incline that get you to the base of the rock wall. Even once you start ascending the wall on the switchbacks, the trail is composed of longer straights. Then the switchbacks eventually become steeper and shorter. One brief break before you get to Walter's Wiggles, which will you up 250 feet in a series of 21 switchbacks. Right after the wiggles you get to Scout Lookout and can either descend back down or continue on to Angel's Landing.
From this point forward it is a series of rock climbing/scrambling segments taht take you up almost another 500 feet in a half mile. It is a strenous hike, but SO worth it. The views at the top are amazing!
I would go back to Zion just for this hike alone (although the hike up the Narrows is also very enjoyable, though completely different).

4  Thank Erik W