“Breathtaking View!”

US$472.99*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
US$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
US$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Laguna Hills, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Breathtaking View!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I'm an avid hiker and this hike was work, but that being said, my ten year old son made it most of the way (although it took a lot of encouragement). When we got to the point where you have to use the chains he was too afraid to go further and quite frankly, I was more scared of him trying (he's not always the most coordinated on land...but he's great in the water:-). He is also quite scared of heights and this is a very steep hike on small ledges. Another family with an 11 year old boy made it all the way to the top and there was a nine year old girl that made it as well. The portion of the trails where chains were used is very steep and the trail is narrow (a man clung to a tree for me to pass), but it was worth the challenge. In my opinion, down is more difficult than up and there were portions where I sat on my bottom to get down. It's a great hike, but don't be fooled; it's not easy.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Southlake, TX
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Favorite Hike of All Time”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hike is awe inspiring before you ever even get started. From the canyon floor looking up to the top of Angel's Landing, where you can barely make out people standing, you will be amazed. The hike is full of beautiful views and at the top you feel like you are sitting almost on top of the world, with breathtaking views 360 degrees. Not for the faint of heart--this is a strenuous hike--but I don't consider myself in great shape and I made it on a hot July day. If you are somewhat nervous about heights you can do fine just concentrating in front of you. If you are seriously afraid of heights, you may want to stop at Scout's Lookout. Many do this hike over and over... I am happy to have just done it once!

Arlington, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Something for almost everybody”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I guess this is more of a rebuttal than a review. The path leading to the plateau before Angels Landing is a great walk that anyone in reasonable shape can make. It is worth the effort to do this hike even if that is as far as you go. There are great views all along the way. When it gets to the steeper parts it's okay to stop and catch your breath, even most of the twentysomethings do. Take a camera with you so you can pretend you're taking pictures if you're too embarrassed to be breathing hard on a steep mountain path. The only real problem I found was the awful odor coming from the restrooms. Once you get to the chains people actually talk to and encourage each other. Perhaps the biggest surprises there are not more deaths on this trail. I am not afraid of heights in fact I kind of like them but if the chains were not there I would definitely not do this unless I was on a rope. While it wasn't scary, when climbing up steep and uneven terrain I did realize that any serious mistake could be my last. With that in mind my movements were a little bit more deliberate. No matter how far you go it is great.

3 Thank jdd43
Miami, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A 1,5-hour hiking experience that is breathtaking (literally) but very rewarding when you get to the top. Amazing pictures, amazing place. Don't try to climb after 10am (like we did), 108F can become really challenging, but again doable if you have the desire.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing - Not for the Faint of Heart”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Born and raised a Midwesterner - actual mountains were only things you saw in pictures. Let me tell you after experiencing this hike that the pictures do not do it justice. For this hike in particular it is really hard to capture the perspective once you reach Angel's Landing but the experience you get from actually hiking it is absolutely unbelievable and totally worth every heart attack you may think you are having on the way.

This was my favorite hike from my week long hiking trip as I felt most accomplished after making it to the end. If you are afraid of heights like myself, you may be a little skeptical to try it but believe me it is worth it!! The adrenaline rush after making it to the top is like no other but don't push yourself if you can't make it all the way, Scouts point (before you really start getting vertical) is a wonderful accomplishment in itself and has just as beautiful views.

The hardest part of the hike (up to hikes point before the chain climbing) was probably the switchbacks as there are quite a few of them to get to the top. Bring plenty of water (my bf and I almost went through 170 oz between the two of us). It is not an unbearable hike up or down (but I would definitely not call it an easy one either) also probably not recommended if you have bad knees.

Visited June 2014