“NOT for the faint of heart....or sane”
Review of Angel's Landing

Angel's Landing
Book In Advance
US$472.99*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
US$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
US$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This trail is filled with beautiful views all the way to the top. While we hiked, a "Blue Angel" flew right through the canyon at our eye level! Pretty thrilling!
Once to "Scouts Lookout", you have to use cables, although not all sections of it HAVE cables, and you only have your own common sense and balance to rely on. There are over 1,000 ft drops of shere cliff on either side of you. Once you summit this section, what lies before you is the actual "Angels Landing"; an extremely narrow path with cables to help you along the way....but again...not cables the entire way. From Scouts Lookout, you can see the entirety of Angels Landing and how very very treacherous it is with its 1,4000 ft shere cliff drops on either side of you. For those who have climbed Half-Dome in Yosemite.......this is MUCH worse on the fear-factor scale.
Also...VERY hot hike. Start early...no later than 6:30 to 7 am. Take lots of water and snacks.
* NOT a trail for children; too dangerous.

2  Thank SusanWPetaluma
There are newer reviews for Angel's Landing

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Driving along the base of Angel's landing made me wish that I could have experienced the view from the top. I believe there are hiking trails; from what I can understand, they call it Angel's Landing because only an Angel can land on the small ledge. Wishing I was an Angel.

4  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is an easy hike to the top but a few tricky spots with cables like a mini Half Dome. Beware if you are not fit or are afraid of heights. The views up top are so worth it, don't chicken out. September 2011.

1  Thank ocjohnyb
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Proud to say I made it to Scouts Lookout while carrying my son on my back. Not at all easy and by far the most beautiful part of the park for us. Wasn't going to do the last bit while wearing my son but glad that I did this part of the trail.

1  Thank StevieK15
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a very hard hike . . . not for the weary or intimidated. We hiked it (dad(45), mom(39), teen(15) and pre-teen(10). Let me say we are fit and were all short of breath! Remember 9,000 feet elevation people. AMAZING!!! You are at the top of the mountain and can even rock climb at the end (we did not attempt that part) I was literally shaking and wanted Xanax but did not have any. A must do if you want adventure!!! Take the family but keep a vice-grip on your kids . . . STEEP cliffs. This is living life!!!

1  Thank GetYourMoniesWo... F