Stayed in a Buffalo Vista cabin for 4 nights. Very quiet and beds comfortable, I liked the gas stove heater, cabin generally in good condition. The kitchen nook is helpful with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. Windows in multiple directions allow a lot of light which is nice since some of these log cabin establishments can be quite dark. Quirks: no shower curtain liner so the water sprays all over the bathroom floor unless you put the cloth shower curtain inside the tub - which by the way is a shorter width than the tub so there is still water leakage, the log walls are not very clean - very dusty and with cobwebs though no spiders were seen. I noted a fly swatter is provided in the room - not sure that means there is a bug problem when it gets warmer, on a related note I noticed the window screen was broken so if the window is opened there is no screen to keep the pests out - not a problem when I was there with temps as low as 40s but not sure about when things warm up. In response to other TA reviews I would note a few things:
1. TV channels - we picked up a dozen or so stations DVD/VHS combination player in room. Who comes to Utah high country for TV anyway?
2. Beds - we found them comfortable and large (2 kings in cabin)
3. Wifi - they made no claims about wifi in cabins so we did not expect it, it is available free in lobby and in restaurant if you need it.
4. Housekeeping - came everyday and made bed and provided fresh towels, no issues. Even provided extra toiletries by request
5. Hot water - works well once you figure out their deal. Everything turns backwards. I started with barely lukewarm shower and thought "oh no here is what the TA reviewers experienced" but I realized if I turned it the opposite, counter-intuitive direction it got hot. Very hot - and plentiful. The sink hot and cold are backwards as well. Once you figure this out and it works fine.
So there are some quirks but it is still a luxurious cabin, roomy, quiet, and with sublime views. Very relaxing once you get yourself settled and situated. You may also consider location. I know about the location and understood it was a good 30 minute drive to the main Zion Canyon area, it also means you are a good 30 minutes or so closer to Bryce Canyon, as compared to establishments in Springdale, if you seek to go to Bryce. The 30 minute drive is quite spectular and dramatic, you could certainly stop and took lots of pics and scramble up the rocks and make the drive longer - 30 minutes to Zion Canyon and Springdale would be the minimum given road speeds and occasional waits at the tunnel entrance. The Thunderbird Lodge in Mount Carmel, only about 10 minutes east makes a handy breakfast alternative if you tire of eating breakfast on-property.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelClick, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Zion Mountain Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zion Mountain Ranch Hotel Zion National Park
- Zion Mountain Ranch Zion National Park, Utah