“Fabulous Location - great breakfasts”

Zion Mountain Ranch
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here 1 night during a fly drive round Western States - Lodge was comfortable, complete with your own veranda ideal for those evening drinks or two or three.... Lodges are clean and rustic complete with en-suite and small kitchenette and microwave. Parking was right outside the door. We arrived too late for evening meal but the menu looked delightful and wish we had sampled the food. So we decided to have breakfast - buffalo omelette ...beautifully presented and the restaurant overlooked the plains of Utah. Food was reasonably priced and of an excellent quality and really tasty. Staff were friendly and attentive throughout. Don't miss the wild buffalos that arrived mid morning to the use the watering hole. Brilliant picture opportunity. Definitely stay here again in a heartbeat....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you want a great experience in a beautiful area, stay at this awesome place. If you like interacting with nature and animals, this is a must do. We would definitely stay here again. My family had a great time and everyone we came in contact with was just awesome.

Room Tip: Any of the comfortable cabins they offer would be a great experience
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were unable to obtain an additional night lodging in Zion or Bryce so booked this accommodation on the recommendation of National Park Reservations. (We loved both lodges at the parks.) First the website view of the location is deceptive, We had a meadow cabin with an excellent view of the highway which has a lot of traffic until Zion closes. While the roadside cabin location was disappointing, that is not what prompts this review. The room was dirty. There were significant dust accumulations in the corners and under the woodstove. I ran a wet paper towel on the floor in front of the refrig and showed it to the clerk before we checked out. The clock was improperly set. The shower curtain in the bath needed a good bleaching and did not have all the hooks needed. The king bed was short one pillow (all other places on our week vacation had 4). While the clerks were pleasant, a staff person who was present during one of my conversations attributed the dirt to dust from the road. I live off a dirt road and understand that kind of dirt but dust bunnies is poor housekeeping. I have complained to the booking service who attempted to get some reimbursement but the ranch was unwilling to provide anything. I might add you forfeit your full night deposit if you cancel within 2 weeks, so it was not an option to leave and travel on to lodging in Springdale. I have encouraged the reservation service not to recommend this property. The highlight of the stay was the Grille across the road. The food quality was very good although they were understaffed, producing a considerable wait. I was brought the wrong order, which I accepted rather than wait on another order when my husband had been correctly served his food. As I write this I realize that isn't very commendable either but in comparison to the room it was not an issue.

Room Tip: If booking this site do not select a meadow view. Road noise until approx 9:30 /10:00 is substantia...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014. It is located about 3 miles outside the east entrance to Zion and is higher in altitude (cooler) than the main town of Springdale at the south entrance. It takes about 25 minutes to drive to the main part of the park near the lodge but the drive in is absolutely breathtaking! We really enjoyed out cabin with 2 king beds, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We ate in the restaurant each night and it has a limited but good menu. This is a great place to take children as they loved looking at all of the animals especially at dusk feeding time. The baby ducks and ponies are adorable!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kingscommon
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My daughter and I take a trip every year. We chose a trip to Zion and Lake Powell. We stayed at Zion Mountain Ranch for 3 nights in the Buffalo Lodge Cabin. I was very impressed with their attention to detail. No phones in the rooms to call the front desk, but there was no need! The quality of the furniture, and the amenities were first class! And talk about a bed that was hard to leave in the morning...comfortable! After hiking for about 12 miles each day, coming back to the Jacuzzi style tub was just what my muscles needed. The restaurant was out of a few items each time, but we were never disappointed. Perfection is not always as necessary as some place that is comfortable, real and homey. I grew up in a farm in Wisconsin and Zion Mountain ranch is a place where I definitely relaxed! Sometimes its about so much more than if you get wheat toast or white toast....and you are on a ranch, there might be some dust and dirt. Thanks again for a great stay!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The receptionist was nice and helpful as we're the restaurant servers. The food was good as well as the service. Good location for both Zion & Brice A little pricy for the cabin we had. Neg: not clean - I know it's windy there but there were black bugs walking in the bathtub , cobwebs and pieces of paper on the floor not picked up from previous guests. Floor was dirty in bath & bed room. The blinds were terrible & in need of replacement. They did not cover the from window completely. Utah has a law that you cannot have a n alcoholic drink without food but the restaurant did not offer any appetizers to be served with a beer or wine. Come on chef!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We heard about this place from a travel article in our local newspaper. We loved the idea of staying at a place with an actual buffalo herd. I researched the website and the rooms and the price was a little more than we would have liked for the larger cabins. We opted for the Buffalo Vista room. The lodge was on 2 sides of the street. The Buffalo Vista rooms were on the side with the office and the restaurant. The Meadow rooms were right across the street. The cabin was comfortable and cute! It had 2 king beds which for my 2 teenagers was much better to share than the normal queen beds. The beds were comfortable and we had lots of pillows for the beds. The room had an air conditioner unit and a ceiling fan to keep us comfortable. It also had a small apartment size fridge (it took almost 24 hours to actually cool the drinks in the fridge. We thought it was broken but it just needed to catch up!), a microwave, and a coffee maker. We brought our own toaster so we could make toast to go with our cereal in the morning for breakfast. There were lots of plugs so we could plug in the electronics, but the signal for the wifi and for the regular 4G was spotty (but getting phone service in the park was also difficult). I had to walk around to find 2 bars. If you went all the way to the office though, you could get a strong signal. The bathroom and sink were sufficient. The nice homemade soap was great and my whole family loved it. The room had a flatscreen tv and a DVD player. There weren't many channels to watch, but who was there to watch tv. We did bring our own DVD's to watch movies at night though. The cabin had a wonderful front porch with a 2 person seat to sit outside and read. The location of the ranch was probably the only bad part of the place. It was 5 minutes from the East entrance to Zion but about 30-35 to the visitor's center which you will need to go to in the summer months, when we went. The drive got a little long each day since we were there for 4 nights. But the place was very quiet and the ability to see all the wonderful stars at night was amazing. Also, the nightly campfire was a fun thing to do. We brought our own smore fixings, but they do sell the goods in the office for anyone to use. There were also the animals on the property. They had horses, buffalo, long horned steer, chickens, and ducks. The chickens were so tame you could pet them and the kids would actually hold them in their laps. They also offer horseback rides. I believe it was 45 for 1 hour and 70 for 2 hours. We did a 2 hour ride. There wasn't much talking from the guide but it was beautiful scenery. I think a 1 hour ride would have been sufficient though. Also the location was far from food places. There was a restaurant on site, Buffalo Grill. It is very pricey but we did go for lunch. My boys had the buffalo burgers which were amazing! I had the chicken Caesar salad which was presented beautifully and was yummy. But 16-17 dollars for an entree was a little much. There is a small store about 5 minutes away toward Zion. They had snacks and a pizza place. The pizza was great! And it was 24 dollars for an extra large that fed myself, my husband, and 2 teenagers. The other part of the location was that it was about 90 minutes from Bryce if you wanted to visit that park and you could make it to the Grand Canyon also in about that same time. The location was good for the 3 parks. All in all, we had a great time and enjoyed the room.

Room Tip: Decide whether you want to be on the side of the road where the office and restaurant is or across t...
1  Thank Michaelshoney
#4 of 16 in Springdale
Cable Mountain Lodge
Cable Mountain Lodge
#3 of 16 in Springdale

Been to Zion Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!