“My kids favorite hike so far...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kanarra Creek
Cedar City, Utah
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“My kids favorite hike so far...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I believe Kanarra Creek that TA is referring to is in Kanarraville which is not in Zion Nat'l Park. This hike was great. If you get into Kanarraville drive down the main road and you will undoubtably see a sign directing you to the parking lot. They charge $10 to park. From the parking lot it is my estimation that you have a solid mile to the entrance to the slot canyon. Prior to the slot canyon you will cross the creek several times. Once you enter the slot you will have to hike in the water. It is cold. After about a half hour I'm not sure if my feet went numb or I just adapted. You have to ascend two falls. When we did it in August of 2012 there were some trees positioned so you could climb up with ropes attatched to the walls. The first fall was approximately 8 feet and the second was about 10 feet. My kids at ages 8 and 11 had no problem and I saw people doing it with babies in backpacks. Shortly after the second fall is an area called the waterslide. We completely missed it since I did not know what I was looking for. However, on the way out we found other people using it. My kids loved it and the sliding into a shallow pool rejuvinated them. They caught a little lizard they fought over. Talking to others, you can supposedly exit out the top. We hiked about a mile up from the waterslide and there were no more falls and it was more of the same. It was a hot August day and my kids loved it. It is a fairly easy hike as we saw all ages on the trail. No pass or reservation is required. Bring your water and a snack/lunch if you are going to hang out for a while. Kanarraville is about 12 miles south of Cedar City and 35ish miles north of St. George. Enjoy.

Visited August 2012