“Absolutely lovely!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Crossgar
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At AJ's Diner you will find something for everyone! Always fresh and always the best locally sourced ingredients teamed with fantastic service. For breakfast, lunch and dinner, we are here for you! We have a huge menu with breakfasts, fresh roast dinners every day, 28 day dry aged sirloin steaks, burgers, sandwiches, salads, seafood, chicken, starters and sweets. We've got it all! Everything is cooked to order. There's no such thing as frozen food at AJ's unless of course you are talking about the Maud's ice cream! You can even bring your own bottle of wine for our free corkage service! AJ's truly is famous for food! Our customers come from far and wide for delicious meals served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere! We are the perfect choice for families and friends. No need to book! We have expanded our floor area twice to accommodate our customers and now are spread over two floors and three rooms so there's plenty of room for everyone! Having a bigger get together? Call us to book a private function. Nothing compares to AJ's Diner! Or in the words of our owner Alan as he plates up yet another culinary treat, "Sure where else would you get it?!"
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Dined in AJs with my hubby and all I can say is 'Marvellous food'! The soup starter was amazing and the chicken marylands we had for main course was melt in the mouth. Hubby had cheesecake and it was stunning. I had an old favourite - rhubarb crumble and custard - and boy did it take me back to what my Gran used to make in the good old days!

I have been to AJ's several times and it always is good home cooking at its very best. This was the first occasion hubby had eaten here and he has raved about it ever since!

1  Thank Arlene E

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have visited on three occasions. It has great food, quickly served. It is real value for money. If you like home cooking this is the place to go.

1  Thank jimrea22
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here today - 3 adults & 4 kids and the menu catered for all our needs and our personal variations were not a problem. Service was great and food tasted fantastic . It was busy but service wasn't affected in any way. Definitely worth a stop :)

1  Thank annemn245
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been eating in AJs Diner for several years and can honestly say Iv never been disappointed with either the food or service on any visit. My family have chosen AJs as our favourite place to celebrate special occasions rather than more expensive fancy restaurants simply because they know they will get a fabulous meal, served quickly, piping hot and a portion size the same as they'd get at home. The specials board offers great value and choice, the Roast of the Day dinner comes with all the trimmings, just like your Mums Sunday lunch, in fact that's AJs secret weapon, it tastes like real home cooked fresh food, because that's exactly what it is, no frozen rubbish, just good fresh wholesome well presented food, cooked to perfection. The Turkey&Ham is a particular favourite of mine, the stuffing is excellent, best of all its on the menu throughout the year not just at Xmas. My Sons always have either the Roast Beef dinner or Sirloin Steak with a great choice of sides. No need to order extra sides in AJs to fill up your plate or tummy as the portions are generous enough already. My Daughter prefers curry/pasta dishes and assures me these are always brilliant. The desserts are superb with a wide selection to choose from and they also serve proper custard if you want it with your treacle pudding or rhubarb crumble instead of ice cream for example. Iv tried every dessert on the menu over the years and still AJs can surprise with something new added frequently, Dime Bar Cheesecake being a family favourite, however the fresh fruit Pavalova is nearly always my choice in the berry season as AJs never skimp on the fruit or coulis. If it's a snack, coffee and a scone, breakfast or a full on dinner you want AJs caters for all of these choices. It's sometimes hard to get seated straight away, I view this a a good sign, but once you've ordered, the food comes pretty quickly, depending on what your having. The staff in AJs are experienced, mature and very good at their job, nothing is too much trouble. They are especially great with kids and the little things that most parents have to ask for, like bringing theirs out first or giving you an extra plate and making them feel part of it all. It's the reason everyone keeps going back, the little things are important, when the kids are happy everyone enjoys the experience. Best of all AJs Diner won't break the piggy bank, which is why we go so often. I haven't found anywhere better for affordable fresh high quality food and great service.

3  Thank Pauline B
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I have been here on a few occasions with my husband,
father-in-law and two children. Service is very friendly and quick. Food is always great with a great size portion. Never disappoints. Keep up the great work

1  Thank fransmyth