“Lovely Cream tea”

Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tearoom open March to the end of October Wednesday to Saturday from 12noon to 5.00pm. Small family run tearoom overlooking lavender gardens on a traditional, sustainable working beef farm. Serving homemade cream teas, cakes and pasties, made with love and organic ingredients. NO LUNCHES are served.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a cream tea here on my way home from Cornwall and even though they had just closed they still served me.The tea was lovely and scone warmed with lots of clotted cream and jam,the lavender garden was also lovely

CheristowLavender, Owner at Cheristow Lavender Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a lovely positive review. Please visit if you are down this way again.
Remember we are only open Wednesday to Saturday from 11am to 5.30pm!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We found this place by chance and stopped for a teacake and coffee which was very reasonably priced. The menu was quite extensive, including lots of things with lavender in which sounded very tasty. There is also a small garden to look around and some plants for sale. It is a farm that grows lavender and there were lots of different varieties growing outside the coffee shop windows. There is also a nice gift shop selling all sorts of goodies.

CheristowLavender, Owner at Cheristow Lavender Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you Ann for your encouraging review. All the teacakes, cakes and scones are made here on the premises, so your comments are much appreciated. The gardens will be coming into their glory next month. We are continually trying to improve the gardens, and are busy preparing a new wildflower garden for the summer.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Fantastic lunches and teas all home made including bread, cakes, pastry,scones and preserves. Cream teas are the best I have had. Lunch ranges from light snacks, homemade pasties and salads to more substantial daily specials. Fantastic setting with views, gardens and more varieties of lavender than I knew existed. The shop is unique with homemade preserves, their own produced Ruby Red Beef, lavender themed gifts, ceramics, their own range of excellent fragrant toiletries and cards.

Thank you Marion for your review. The 2014 season is now here, and we are busy with the tearooms and gardens. The gardens are looking stunning, and I can't wait for the roses to come out in June.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to Cheristow Lavender when I came to England. They make an amazing coffee and walnut cake, and although I am diabetic I thought the cream teas to be the best! The staff are friendly and Betty is very welcoming. I also had a lovely visit to the Otter Sanctuary. I am French and thanks to Eric and Michelle, now I love English ;-). Thanks a lot !

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that you liked the coffee and walnut cake. We now make a banoffee pie, (with organic bananas, toffee and cream on a biscuit base), but I think that it may be too much sugar for you with your diabetes!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We visited Cheristow Lavender Tea Rooms in the summer while on holiday in Devon. We had a great time looking around the gardens and admiring the views in this tranquil setting. As it was a lovely day we decided to have a cream tea out on the patio. Well I have never seen such large scones so light and fluffy with lots of strawberry jam and clotted cream and the service was second to none.
Look forward to going again next year.

Thank you Monica for your review on Trip Advisor. Our scones made with organic flour and lots of love are very popular indeed, and when the weather is right, there is a stunning view from the garden over the countryside. I hope to see you when you come back to the UK.