“very educating”

Ranked #107 of 540 things to do in Xinbei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This museum is one of its kind in the world and definitely worth a visit. It is especially eye opening for westerners who were only exposed to monotheistic religions and have an opportunity to widen their horizons and see there's a huge variety of cultures and religions around the world.

2  Thank Leon B

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Good place to see if you are interested to know about the History and culture. But may be not interesting place for the children

2  Thank Kalra_Bharat
Reviewed 23 November 2013

*Entrance fee is NT 150 if I am not wrong. Not sure about kid's price.
*Nearest metro is Dingxi Metro but you have to transfer a bus to get there. I got there by car so I can't advise further.
*There is a A4 paper brochure to explain each religion on display. I took them all and still enjoy reading more.
*They don't allow flash photography but I am not sure why because people will not be able to say good things on internet about them to visit them.
*The highlight is the globe-like thingy where you sit inside to understand the main message of the musuem.
*I happen to meet a school of rowdy children and their teachers so they sent a few narrators for this school. We ran into one of these narrators who explained patiently the exhibits to us where we have them to ourselves the whole morning. We went Yangmingshan NPark in the afternoon onwards...

2  Thank dharmatraveller_sg
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I visited a couple of years ago, planning to spend an hour or so, but stayed the afternoon and even then only scratched the surface. You enter through the "Pilgrims' Way" to the Golden Lobby with its cosmograph, then on to the Great Hall of World Religions (and that's the short version). Wonderful displays with some real treasures representative of the major (10 + 1) faiths, copious information, too little time to absorb and contemplate.

I purchased an English language booklet as I was leaving, and it has merely whetted my appetite to return. If/when I return to Taipei I shall break my visit across two days. Truly, it is worth the time if you are interested in faith, philosophy or comparative religion.

What astonished me was how few people were there - selfishly, that meant I had uninterrupted time to view each display however it does not do justice to this amazing body of thoughtfully presented material. South of the river the museum is not easy to find, especially as my guides to Taipei had two forms of the street name - Zhongshan and Jungshan (I've since seen others). Signage is almost non-existent and it is in an unremarkable office building, on the 7th & 8th floors.

2  Thank Jo-of-Melbourne
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a must if you have any interest in the meaning and definitions of religion.

4  Thank lgppres