“Satisfactory”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

For a medium priced Thai restaurant we had moderately high expectations, the food was ok but not much better than Chinese takeaway standard. A few minor quibbles, the digestive tract hadn't been removed from our king prawns and also the restaurant was very cold. However the service was very expedient and the chef making a point of coming to the table was a nice touch. Probably wouldn't eat here again, but far from an awful experience.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BarryChuckleTelford

Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Thai restaurant!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Arrived for lunch on Saturday 1st February and we were warmly welcomed by the owner/chef.
On such a horrible day the restaurant was warm and inviting.
Phan was friendly yet professional and was more than happy to accommodate our preferences.
We love Thai food and this surpassed our usual Thai restaurant. Wow!
The young waitress was also very pleasant and helpful.
Can't wait to return!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank mozzer13
The International Wanderer
“It's fantastic and don't believe the trolls”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Ok, I had a great meal there on 28th November with my daughter. Chicken satay and a wonderful starter platter, followed by Weeping Tiger and Pad King. I did in fact ask for the chicken to be examined as it looked a little pink. The owner, Phan (who I did not know) popped down and explained that it was in fact the marinade that he uses which causes this pink effect. Fears suitably allayed, we proceeded. I write this two days later and all is well. Have to say, it was all delicious, served by a friendly waitress and Phan came down (it was late) and had a nice chat. I should add that I have had another meal there previously, and that too was great. Well done, thoroughly recommended.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tigerwarrior
Liverpool
“Good food and pleasant staff”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Ate here in the evening with my wife and son on 10 October 2013. The restaurant was not too busy and the service was good and the waiter was very polite. We had to wait as you would expect when food is cooked to order but the food when it arrived was hot and tasted really good. A very pleasant evening.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank outandabout32
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

When I ate at this restaurant I was very pleased with the food and service. There is a great selection on the menu and the food was cooked perfectly and very tasty.

As I read through the reviews for this restaurant I was shocked to see a very poor one from the 21st October. I believe this was probably a scam. Claiming dishes were not cooked properly and not taking them back to the restaurant but still expecting a full refund sounds a bit dodgey to me. Plus using bully boy tactics in front of customers to ensure they got the refund seems pretty underhanded.

At the end of the day if you are unhappy with food you should take it back to show them. Scams like this are happening more and more these days and has gypsies written all over it.

Great restaurant and staff will be back soon.

• Visited November 2013