“Please change the music”
Review of La Belle Vie - CLOSED

La Belle Vie
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please change the music”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

A lovely building with excellent staff, however the music spoils the place. It's a shame as so many other locals would go. Such a quiet place. Don't be surprised that you are there on your own.

Visited June 2012

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Diabolical Service”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Four of us arrived at 8.45 to be told kitchen closed at 9 so ordered quickly before 9. Our waitress returned a moment later to apologise as the kitchen was closed. We pointed out that it was still just before 9 when an aggressive bald man rudely asked us to leave. It was not busy and we were surprised that with business slow they could turn us away. While standing outside deciding where to go instead, we saw the man that told us to leave, walk out hand in hand with the chef. No way to run a business and we wont be going back.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank StuJ1960
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vile Food. Vile Management.”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The manager is unaware that telling the staff off on the resturant floor is awkward for staff members and customers. He spoke both aggressively and rudely to the young waitress who had been both polite and helpful to us throughout our meal. Food was bland, late and unattractive in appearance. Stay away.

1 Thank TheoJ67
“Great staff, Poor food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

After visiting La Belle Vie after a trip on the canal I can say I was truly disappointed. To start off with we were pleasantly surprised by the waitress "Saturday" girl who greeted us with a friendly approach and welcomed us, before seating us and making sure we had drinks straight away. She made an effort to chat to us and then took our food order. I myself had a combo for 1 and my husband had ham egg and chips. After an appalling half an hour wait (seeing as we were the only customers present) the food finally arrived. Nothing on my combo for 1 related to the menu and it appeared the chef had used anything they could find to replace items. My husbands meal was cold and the chips were undercooked. The waitress offered to return the food but instead we took her option of a free drink. To make matters worst, not only had we explained to the waitress we were unhappy with the food, but then the chef also came to ask if everything was ok. The chef in my opinion should of been in the kitchen preparing food and not on the resturant floor. Overall, my advice would be to call into La Belle Vie anytime for a drink, but do not attempt to eat here. Disappointing and unsatisfactory food.

2 Thank Deb64d
Belgium
“Brilliant staff, poorly ran”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I recently visited belle vie with my partner, I found the 2 girls working to be very pleasant however the food took a long time and was cold when it arrived. The room was also very cold due to the lack of heating present. I feel that it is a beautiful venue and the staff were helpful however when a tall man walked in (Guessing he was the boss) the service seemed to go downhill and the atmosphere was much less relaxed. Having read the other reviews it appears that I am not the only one who feels this way and it is mentioned repeatedly that the people that run this bar clearly do not care about their customers or for that matter the staff.

• Visited February 2012