“Book a table for the worst night of your life”
Review of La Belle Vie - CLOSED

La Belle Vie
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Owner is obnoxious to staff and clients in equal measure. Food is awful. Draft taps are empty. Drinks they do have are over priced. If this was Faulty Towers it would be funny, but it's just embarrassingly bad.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

It's just about 'OK' on a nice summer's day sitting outside for a drink (if they have it in stock!). Do NOT hold your breath for good service, good food or good atmosphere. DO expect the opposite. Underage drinkers on Saturday nights and a management 'we don't care' attitude. Given the other recent comments re kitchens, I have decided not to bother eating there again. Re other's comment about locals not supporting it? There's a very good list of reasons why all mentioned within this thread. Sad but true. Great shame. It opened with such great potential too, but it seems to have been pretty much downhill all the way since unfortunately.

2  Thank Tigerwarrior
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I went to la belle vie as I was invited to a party in the downstairs area. As we arrived early we decided to have some drinks upstairs whilst waiting for our friends. The bar staff are poorly trained and incompitent. We orded 2 jager bombs and a pint of stella after waiting almost 10 for our drinks we were told that we had to have becks as they had no.stella. The jager bomb was a cheap imitation which I am aware cost around £5 a bottle and the drink itself cost us 2.50 anyway. Whilst at the party I went to look for the toilet but ended up in the 'kitchen' not only was it untidy but there was grease all over the walls, raw meat left out and dirty pots everywhere. There is no excuse for anywhere to be so vile. The staff at the party where also serving drinks to people whome I know for a fact were definately underage.
I cannot say strongly enough how appauled I am and i am honestly shocked that it has not been shut down. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

2  Thank G956
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Terrible service and awful food. They Evan burnt the soup,that's a first! Will not be going back again. This is a shame as the middle of town location is good.

2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Like I've read on here the place has great curb appeal indeed but the food was a joke!
I will start with my only positive the girl who served us was polite thoughtful and quick working on her own seemed a bit unfair.
The starter was average but edible unfortunately the main was dreadful it was advertised on the menu as a tomato and basil risotto I couldn't detect a hint of basil tomato there was and horrid slimy mushrooms the rice was like pudding rice rather than alborio. It was basically mush! No taste and left me feeling ill after eating only a small part of it. I think the management should seriously try there own food and make better judgements on what there pricing and quality.
The tables I found to be spotless but I was less than impressed with the fly and wasp grave yard collection in the window that obviously hadnt been cleaned in some time.
I must stress the waitress was great but the food side defo needs looking at.

1  Thank Alcamella