Two nights. Room 440. Two queens and an air mattress. Gulfview with a balcony. Great weekend!!!
I booked the room on Expedia about two months in advance of our trip. Keep in mind that Expedia will charge your credit card for payment in full when you book, but if the cancellation policy allows it, you can cancel for a full refund by the date indicated on your confirmation. However, it varies by hotel and even by the room you choose, so be aware when you book. I checked prices at this hotel again as the date got closer, and the beachfront rooms were substantially higher than we’d paid, so I was pleased that we booked in advance, and got such a great rate.
After a 4 hour drive from Louisiana, we checked in around 11:00 pm on Friday, August 9th. The parking lot is very big, and we had no trouble parking. Check-in was quick and easy, and the free internet was definitely a plus. The room was very spacious, and had a larger sized dormitory refrigerator, and a microwave. The refrigerator worked very well and kept our items very cold! At no time did I hear any noise from neighboring rooms, or from the hall so the rooms must be well insulated - no paper thin walls here...
The central air worked well, the shower water was hot, and the water pressure was good. We didn’t get our room cleaned on Saturday because at least one member of our party was sleeping in there during the day, so we had the “recharging sign” in the key slot. However, we had no problem getting clean towels after we’d used all of our towels on Saturday. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were decent. Nice high definition TV in the room, as well. The balcony was nice and spacious, and the furniture was okay – just two plastic lawn chairs and the matching plastic table, but it was sufficient.
The breakfast buffet was a huge plus! Very good selection, including hot items – eggs, turkey and pork sausage links, and pork patties, biscuits, and great waffles that you make yourself. Plus, there was fruit and other continental breakfast items. The breakfast area was right in the lobby area between the check in counter and the beach, so it was very convenient. The staff in the breakfast area was very nice and friendly, and worked hard to keep the area clean, and replenish the food items as needed.
The pools were clean and well kept, as was the pool and patio furniture. Towels were available outside for guests to use….
Be prepared to pay for chairs on the beach if you don’t bring your own. We paid $34 for Saturday for two wooded chaise lounges with cushions, and an umbrella. Well worth it, and we just shared the two chairs with everyone in our party. If you’re going to be there for several days, they will give you a package deal for multiple days. Those Gulf waves can be kinda rough, so you may want to bring life jackets for your kids or for any adults that don’t swim well or that panic easily if knocked down or swept away.
We had dinner on Saturday evening at Crabs We Got Em, which is walking distance from the hotel. We ate outside at a picnic table right on the beach. There’s a good menu selection for everyone, and the prices are pretty reasonable. I had the King Crab legs, which were $35, but worth every penny. They were delicious! Others in our party had the Mahi Mahi burger, grilled chicken burger, shrimp salad, and coconut shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their food! Oh, and their signature honey buns are very tasty too.
Overall, the hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to restaurants, souvenir shops, a public pier (that has a price to access), and other happenings. We parked our car on Friday night and didn’t move it until we checked out at 11:00 am on Sunday.
If you’re looking for luxury, it’s not here. If you’re looking for an affordable and decent place to stay, in a great location, this would be a good choice…
Slight con - The elevators were kinda slow. Also, a few elevator buttons had bulbs out, and you couldn’t tell if they were lit.
This property worked well for us. We enjoyed our stay, and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach hotel, we want to help you make memories. Whether you're here alone or with a loved one, for business or for pleasure, for a night or for a week - we promise to give you our all. We're located right on the beach in some of the whitest sand you'll ever see. That's right. Take off your shoes. Sink your toes into it. Walk a few steps, and dip them in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. We know that all travelers are different, and everyone wants something unique from their stay. Children's activities? We've got 'em. Poolside lounge chairs? We've got those, too. But more than towels and room service, we've got a team ready to share real deal, true blue local flavor with you and yours. All you have to do is ask. We're right in the center of everything this beachside town has to offer, within walking distance of the best restaurants and activities. When you stay with us, you're just minutes away from a fresh fish dinner, parasailing adventure, shopping or spa treatments. We want to help you 'live like a local,' with recommendations for whatever suits your vacation or business needs. Ready to explore? We're just a short drive to Gulf Coast attractions including the National Naval Aviation Museum, Gulf Islands National Seashore and Fort Pickens, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park, Pensacola Bay Center and the Saenger Theater. So whatever you want to do during your stay, we can help you get there. Just ask one of our Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach hotel team members to share their local knowledge. Our commitment to extraordinary hospitality makes us mindful of the little things - because we know the little things add up to one big, memorable experience. Make the Hampton Inn hotel your home on Pensacola Beach, FL, where friendly service and exceptional amenities are the foundation of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Hampton Beach Hotel
- Pensacola Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach Florida