“Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At!”

Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you read some of my past reviews, you will see that I am hard to please. I expect great service at hotels and restaurants. When it is not there, you have to tell it like it is. That is the reason for this website.
Having said that, all I can say about our 5 day stay at Margaritaville Beach Hotel can be summed up in one word. EXCELLENT!

We had about 90 people there for my daughters wedding April 11 weekend. Event manager Jessie was so helpful and knowledgeable that everything went super smoothly. Great staff, great rooms, great location, great pool. We were even blessed with GREAT GREAT WEATHER for the weekend!
We will return.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quieter and huge.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WMiller86

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our 2nd visit to Margaritaville. What a great hotel with attentive staff. The rooms are super clean as are all the common areas and the pool. Bed linens and towels are quite nice. Ate several meals at the restaurant and the food was good, portions extremely generous. My husband had grouper fingers which were awesome. Drinks and appetizers at the pool very good... plus I didn't feel we were getting gouged on the price of the drinks at the pool. Good bartender too!

Room Tip: King Gulf Front is the way to go!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place is amazing. I see others reviews and some are bad and I couldn't disagree more. The sheets were nice, beds were very comfortable. Listening to the waves every night was the best! The maid service was good and they always refilled our towels, TP, Kleenex, etc....and made our beds and never had issues. The beach is very inviting and has the best sand! So soft! Lots of shells to choose from but no issues with walking. There are beach lawn chairs that you can rent for $30 a day. That was somewhat pricey but cushions are comfortable. The Horizon guys are very laid back and cordial and not too pushy so if you are a beach lover and want comfortable seating, plan to bring your own or laying on sand is always free. Lol. We did partake two days and they worked with us for family of three. The pool is nice and it wasn't crowded which was good too. The tiki bar was wonderful and bartenders were very charming. Nate was the best! He would even serve you at where you were laying when had time. He deserves a raise! It would be perfect if they had a hot tub. I'm not sure why there isn't one as it seems standard. I hope this hotel will get one as it would make it perfect! Rooms were nice, bathrooms were cool. Shower is huge. The restaurant is very good but the hotel frowns upon bringing other food into lobby area as we were instructed by bar manager when attempting to eat pizza at table since we didn't have one in room. We ate at hotel restaurant many times but needed a break from it so that was a little displeasing but nothing that wouldn't keep me from coming back. Most staff were extremely friendly and always upbeat. I like that the hotel provided towels at pool that you could also take down to beach. The taxes in this town are outrageous so prepare for this. Great place for couples or families. We had real good food almost everywhere we went so that made up for the high costs. Best place for breakfast besides hotel is Native Cafe. The best place for dinner was Flounders. Real cool place. Crabs was good to. There is a pizza place on the beach near pier that you can walk up to but not really any seating. It's very tastey but plan to eat it elsewhere. The naval aviation museum is a must see if you ever have rainy day or need break from sun. The Blue Angels practice on Wednesdays. A must see! Overall we loved Pensacola! But please get a hot tub! :)

Room Tip: Get gulf front! The best view!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mjbumpous
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed at hotel for a week in April. The rooms are really nice however if you wish to sleep in at all you better hope no family's are around you or above you. There is no carpeting in the rooms which seems like a nice beach feel however it makes the rooms extremely noisy with kids dragging furniture and dropping things.

The bars close extremely early. Landsharks was closing at 8 pm with the NCAA basketball tournament going on, bartender soundly announces last call and runs everybody out. The downstairs bar gets over run by family's allowing kids to sit at the bar so there is not seats left for real customers.

Nice hotel but I will not come back for what they charge and can't use facilities.

Room Tip: Top floor so none is above you making noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just returned from a 6 night stay in Margaritaville Beach Hotel in Gulf Breeze, FL. I was able to get an early bird special which was 2 nights at full price ($180/night) and then the following 4 nights at $109/night. This was for their bay side no balcony king. So, their cheapest room.

The hotel is peaceful and relaxing and feels so open and stress free. I had read in other reviews that the Jimmy Buffet affiliation was loose, and it is. Essentially it is just an extension of his brands: Margaritaville and Landshark. There were a few nice touches like his song lyrics on the artwork, but over-all, it was pretty loose.

The mattress was soft, which I liked, but I could see how some that like a hard mattress wouldn't like it. The sheets were okay, didn't have complaints, but it wasn't a notable positive, either. The huge stand up shower is nice, but the shallow single sink make getting ready for two a shore. There is another mirror in the entryway though. The tile floor is cool, but as others have mentioned, it is hard for the staff to keep clean and sand can be felt underfoot quickly. The bath towels were real small, like you'd see from a red roof inn.

Our room was quiet and clean for our stay, though. No cigarette smell or even smell in the building that I ever had to deal with. The hotel included 2 free small land shark beers and a free appitizer for the early bird special. I also did the margarita glass painting and margarita tasting, both were free to guests and although the "glass" was plastic, it was still fun. And the margarita tasting was just a free 8oz margarita to entice you to buy one... I didn't mind.

We did have a blast on the pool bar with Sylvia. She was laid back and didn't seem to be annoyed with tipsy (annoying) tourists. She made us some special drinks and told us about some local spots that we may not have tried otherwise (not on trip ad. or yelp).

We parking in the garage for free all week (we joked my car got a beach view and we didn't). And didn't mind walking through the garage to get to the beach. You can go through the lobby also.

My brother had his wedding this weekend at the hilton resort down the beach. Now, the hilton was more and was supposed to be a 5 star hotel. All spending time there made me realize is how great margaritaville REALLY was. The elevators are fast, the hotel never feels crowded (except for the pool area). And the staff feels so much less formal and stressed than over at the Hilton. I'm so glad we stayed here vs. other hotels in the area.

One thing though really keeps this review back. When visiting the various hotels in the area, they all seemed to have 1 thing M-vill didn't - a hot tub. Not in our room and not in the pool area. Even the Quality Inn had 1 hot tub in the pool area. We went in April and it got very cool at night. A hot tub would have been nice.

Other than that, I was very pleased with my stay and the value I received.

Room Tip: Bay Side rooms still have a pretty nice view. (See pic) This was 6th floor (of 7).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights and I really wanted to love this place. It's a nice hotel, but they definitely don't have their systems down like a Marriott, etc. our experience wasn't horrible, but wasn't great either.

The room was nice and big (Executive Sound King), but didn't seem pristine clean. Maid service was sketchy and not thorough. Halls smelled like dirty carpet to me. In fact, when we saw the guy vacuuming the halls, he was using a hand-carrying vacuum. Almost like a dust buster with a hose attached.

They have the worst internet ever. In fact, having to write this review on my phone (in the room) b/c I can't get reception. Called the front desk to see if I could upgrade the service and they said they don't have that and to "move around" the room. Ha. Which I tried and nothing happened.

Beautiful views, nice but steep beach. (Also saw many jelly fish. )

Overall, I wasn't thrilled with this hotel for the money.

We enjoyed our trip but I won't return to this hotel. :-(

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Easywin
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place, with near perfect service, right on the Gulf of Mexico. It was almost like having one's own private beach, on a wide stretch of white sand away from all the tourist throngs. As you walk west, the beach is virginal, and like experiencing new discoveries.
The restaurant served fresh seafood and had a very good children's menu, with flawless service. The children enjoyed the warm water pool and the bar service was great there, with a creative variety of summer cocktails and frozen margaritas. The bartenders couldn't have been more attentive.
The valet service was perfection...never had to wait for our car and the valets all had smiles and great attitudes. Our room had a balcony view over the beach, and was kept in perfect shape by the housekeeping staff, who asked every morning whether we needed additional towels, coffee and other amenities.
The staff also arranged boat trips to a nearby island and a dolphin cruise and their restaurant recommendations were on the mark, especially the Grand Marlin.
HR here has done something special in training and staffing in all areas.
The name of the hotel might suggest a hard partying, tequila drenched ambience, but this wasn't the case in any sense. Instead, the hotel's mission seems to have been to provide a more refined and upscale family version of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.
Our family will definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Portofino Island Resort
Portofino Island Resort
#5 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Margaritaville Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!