“Breakfast was very good!”

Frank and Lola Love Pensacola Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Named after "Frank and Lola," a 1982 Jimmy Buffett song about a couple on their second honeymoon in Pensacola, the restaurant features everything from steaks to fresh seafood and also has a full service bar in an upscale, casual atmosphere. Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Café offers indoor and outside seating, and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Marietta, GA
“Breakfast was very good!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had the chocolate chip pancakes, cracked egg breakfast and an omelet. The grits were SO good. Service wonderful and quick.

Atmosphere is great with a view of the gulf. Exterior tables also available.

• Visited May 2014
Aileiah, Manager at Frank and Lola Love Pensacola Cafe, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Chocolate chip pancakes are one of my favorites! We are so very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I will tell Executive Chef Eric that you loved the grits as well!! Come join us again and try lunch or dinner with the same great view.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“SO GOOD, SO CONSISTENT”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We are fortunate to be Pensacola locals so we get to live where others vacation. This gives us the unique privilege to enjoy some great things on a regular basis. Frank and Lola's is one of those great things.
The wife and I eat out at least once per week and visit many places in our area more than once. If we have a bad experience at a location it falls out of our "rotation". The longer we are living in Pensacola the shorter our list of places to eat gets.
"Consistent" is the title for this review because no matter how many times we visit Frank and Lola's the food is great. I suspect Frank and Lola's will never fall out of our "rotation" of eating establishments.

Today we started with the Fried Green Tomatoes. Darn good stuff.
Then I had the Black and Blue Burger. Oh my..... even better than I had remembered.
The lovely wife had the Thai Chicken Tenders. Also fantastic.

Service was good and, as usual, absolutely no wait for a table.

The final kicker is the "locals" discount we receive here.

If you are a tourist in the area you should know you can't go wrong eating at Frank and Lola's.

If you are a local I encourage you to visit here at least once and make up your own mind. I suspect you will be thanking me.

Frank and Lola's - So good and so consistent.

• Visited May 2014
Aileiah, Manager at Frank and Lola Love Pensacola Cafe, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are always so very happy to see you and your wife! Thank you for always coming out and having a good time with us! We super appreciate your business and we are raring to go for the busy season!!!
Hanover
“Good food horrible service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was everything we had hoped for and then some but......Frank and Lola's was fair. After a 7 hour drive and checking in we wanted a good relaxing dinner. We ordered appetizers and the catch of the day (market price). We received our appetizers and main course almost simultaneously. I expressed my concern to the server who apologized and explained he was also busy with room service(?). A manager came to our table and after we expressed our disappointment of either having cold soup or cold fish, she said sorry and it would not happen again. Again! I may never be here again, I am talking now. She once again apologized turned and walked away. I guess $100 meal for 2 was not important to her.
Stay at the hotel, wonderful place, but eat elsewhere.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank DonaldO899
We apologize that we failed to make your experience a perfect one with us. Please contact Doug at dayres@margaritaville.com as we want to make sure this issue never occurs again and we would love for you to come back.
Texas
“Very Good, But Not Yet Great!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Breakfast was tasty, best grits I have ever had. Request your bacon crisp, or it will not be. Omlette was very good.
For dinner, some in our party loved their meal, others not so much. Portions are a little small in my opinion. But then I am from Texas!

Visited April 2014
Everything is bigger in Texas! We will review our portions and should you have any special requests like crispy bacon, do not hesitate to ask! We want to make sure you enjoy your meal!
Navarre, FL
“Great food”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner here. Wife had a salad with blackened shrimp on top. I had a cup of seafood gumbo and a grilled amber jack sandwich. Both were very very good. Highly recommend this restaurant

Thank you for visiting us and we do hope to see you soon! The seafood gumbo here is out of this world!!