“Margaritaville Wedding”

Frank and Lola Love Pensacola Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Named after "Frank and Lola," a 1982 Jimmy Buffett song about a couple on their second honeymoon in Pensacola, the restaurant features everything from steaks to fresh seafood and also has a full service bar in an upscale, casual atmosphere. Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Café offers indoor and outside seating, and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Margaritaville Wedding”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent food!!! We ate here several times during our 5 night stay and everything was always outstanding. The best omelets around!

Visited June 2014
Aileiah, Manager at Frank and Lola Love Pensacola Cafe, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
I hear you had a blast at the wedding! Thank you for coming to eat with us so many times during your stay, breakfast always hits the spot as our omelets are tasty!

Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Making a special trip from Perdido Key to see this spectacular hotel and enjoy a wonderful meal, we were really disappointed. The hotel itself is beautiful. Expect to pay$5 valet parking to avoid a long walk up the front entrance. Once inside we were hoping to see a festive colorful restaurant . Instead, it is conservative addition to the large bar area. The waitress was not happy to see us as there was no smile or "Hi, I'm Kayla". We were presented our menus and she left to get our drinks. Upon her return I asked if the Gumbo was spicy hot, and with a blank look she replied "I don't know, I don't eat seafood". OK! Forget about asking for a recommendation or being helpful. I got the special of the house "Mac &Cheese with shrimp and crabmeat". The others got gumbo, crabcakes, and roast chicken salad. Mac & Cheese was very good and a large serving. The lettuce wedge was very large and I split with my husband. The gumbo was good and not too spicy. Crabcakes were not as good as other places down here and neither was the chicken salad. We asked for to go boxes and she brought two small clear flimsy plastic boxes, I told her I didn't think the rest of my mac and cheese would hold up in it, could she bring a Styrofoam box, She looked blank again and said they didn't have Styrofoam. Ok,; do you have anything that is larger than a sandwich box?? She came back with an adequate box finally, Needless to say, we were not asked if we wanted dessert, which we would have ordered but by that time we had enough of being there. We were finally given a smile when the bill was presented. Guess we were interrupting her break time. We bought several items in the small gift shop which was nice and the girl there was very friendly, It is a beautiful hotel, the beach is not as nice as some. Just wish the restaurant would have been a better experience,

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Barbara T
We are very sorry to hear about your experience and really would like to have you back. We have spoken to Kayla and reiterated our level of expectations as well as making sure we meet our guests expectations. Please contact our Food And Beverage manager Doug at dayres@margaritaville.com so we can make sure your next visit is what you would expect.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Great restaurant!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'm a Pensacola local so I just decided to go here with my boyfriend on a whim to check it out and was so happy with it! No wait at all, beautiful view of the ocean through the windows- and our waiter was so great! Got the fried green tomatoes with shrimp appetizer which normally comes with blackened shrimp but he was able to switch it for the lava shrimp so we could try both things we wanted! Jamaican fire chicken was delicious and voodoo pasta so good! and for dessert GET THE SALTED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE I think I went to heaven while eating it! I'll for sure recommend it to my friends and family here!

• Visited June 2014
Oh my gosh-you listed a lot of my favorites! Since you are a local, make sure to get your local discount by showing your drivers license! The lava shrimp on a wedge salad is sooo good too. And the salted caramel cheesecake is just a sin-I always have to share! Come back anytime-we have brunch specials on Sundays from 11:15am-2pm!
San Antonio, Texas
“Pricey, but good”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Tasty food convenient for hotel guests. On the more expensive side, but definitely a place to try once on vacation

Visited May 2014
Thank you for stopping by! Our portion size is definitely correlated to price but as you said, we have very good food! Come back and visit soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
“One of better hotel restaurants I've been to.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel restaurants have left me unimpressed, so we skipped this one at first and spent more money than we should have elsewhere. Visiting with another grandmother by the pool, I found they had not left the property, eating all meals at the hotel so their grandson could do all the craft times and spend his time playing. They will serve by the pool, on the balcony, or in the restaurant....as well as room service. We stuck with simple foods.......salads, club sandwiches, and hamburgers. The kids menu was great and a bargain. When my grandson asked them for some paper and crayons, they went to the kids craft room and got him some. The wait staff was laid back and friendly. Save the money you will spend at tourist traps and get decent food too.

• Visited May 2014
It sounds like you found the key to having a relaxing vacation-never leaving the hotel!! We are glad you found out that we have everything you could possibly need from breakfast to dinner and everything in between.