“Loved Location and pillows!”

Travelodge Pensacola Beach
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is located soo close to the beach which was great. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean and with lots of space.

Continental breakfast was a bit "poor" but OK.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here Sunday night during Memorial Day weekend. It was a very last minute trip and we had a very hard time finding any vacancies since we didn't make reservations ahead of time, especially with it being a holiday weekend along with "Pride" weekend in Pensacola, which we were very unaware of beforehand, by the way. Everywhere was booked for Saturday night but we found 2 rooms for Sunday night. This one was the best value considering the high demand, the other room was over $350 for one night. The staff was very courteous. The rooms however could use some updating/detail cleaning, the tub especially. I can't complain too much considering the predicament I would've been in had this hotel not been available. We were very thankful and since we only spent a limited amount of time in the room anyway, we were just pleased we had a place to lay our head with air conditioning.

• Stayed: May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Location was great. Staff was nice. Cold AC and hot shower, so that was also good. And the price was the best on the island, given the fairly short notice I had.
Maybe it goes with being a cheap place, but the place was awful to stay at with family. We had a drunk guy banging on our door at 3am; there were several altercations in the parking lot (mostly drunken kids shouting at each other, cussing at the top of their lungs). I was with a teenager, and he was very uncomfortable actually being there- when we were at the beach it was great. We didn't want to go back to the motel (it doesn't qualify as more), at all.

The room itself was ok. Obviously not a room at a better class place, but as I said, the AC and hot water worked. The coffee pot looked nasty, so we didn't use it. The fridge worked, and the microwave appeared to be working. The beds were ok, but the pillows were tiny and the blankets were about as thin as sheets. The floors were fake hardwood and made it pretty easy to control sand.
For some reason, the phone rang at 4am every morning with a "wakeup call".

Bottom line- if you're mid-20's and wanting to party, it's a good value. If you're a couple then spring for a better place; and don't even think of bringing kids or a family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was the second stay at Travelodge on the beach. Our previous visit a year ago was okay. This year we arrive, we're told, can't give you the room you requested due to renovations. Alright but I expect the same rate that I was quoted and had to negotiate for to get when I made the reservation a month ago. Which by the way cost $30 more than I pd. the previous year for almost the same days and month. No charge for the upgrade, fantastic, so up to the 3rd floor we go via the elevator in an exterior corridor. I should have seen the handwriting on the wall when I saw stacks of wet towels outside of guests doorways at 3pm in the afternoon. But I ignored the red flags and planned to enjoy the room nonetheless. Surprise! I opened the door and gone were the nasty carpets that use to exist in the rooms. Keep in mind, this is a beach area with lots of sand and lots of tourists renting rooms so carpets get dirty. That I could live with, that's why I pack flip flops when I travel. We zipped off to enjoy some of the attractions and to eat supper. We finally made it back to the room after 10 pm and there were additional towels, bath cloths and floor mats outside of peoples rooms. By then I was thinking, okay, strange as it may be, this must be how they handle the laundry. The next morning we got up early and took off and didn't get back until after three when we planned to shower after hiking and enjoying the beach all day so we could go out for an early dinner. We waited around awhile thinking housekeeping just hadn't got to our room yet. Eventually my husband went down and got what we needed to get through the night from the office and now we were also putting towels outside the door to get them out of our way. Naturally the lady at the desk apologized and gave excuses that the housekeeper got there late and just hadn't got to our room. Yet check in is 4pm and the rooms still hadn't been done. We went out for the evening and when we returned there was even more laundry and by then the pool was starting to look fairly nasty. It was cloudy like ours gets when we first add chemicals but I don't think that was their problem. There were drinking straws and other matter in the pool. No wonder no one was using it, yet it's a beautiful pool. Okay, we head out early again the next morning and don't get back until late afternoon. Laundry outside doors had been removed, pool hadn't been cleaned but neither had our room. Oh, I forgot the part about the wet floors, that were now wood floors. We never did figure out where the water was coming from but puddles would appear on the floors, table tops and even on top of the fridge, that had never been plugged in, nor had the microwave or blow dryer. I was chewing out our teenagers for being slobs and cleaning up the mess until I realized, this wasn't us. When we couldn't find a housekeeper even on the premises that's when I said, enough, let's go home, as I tip toe around a bug and through puddles to start packing. My husband again goes to the office to inform them the conditions of the room are unbearable but there was no way in Hades they were planning to refund money for the night we wouldn't be using the room. We couldn't. I had already fallen once, knocking a blood bruise on my hand. My 13 yr. old grandson also fell. I doubt I ever get my grandson's socks clean even if I use Clorox. That's how nasty their wood floors were and sticky for some reason. I commented that they must be using dirty water to mop but there again, when do they mop. They didn't even empty waste baskets for two days and they had leftover meals in them so the room was starting to get a little ripe. I don't see how management thinks people should have to tolerate those conditions and what guest is going to sit around all day to insure housekeeping makes it by the room when they're on vacation. This isn't the guests fault, the hotel should be held accountable. And where was the manager to deal with all these problems that everyone was experiencing. Why wasn't he cleaning the pool or running laundry or cleaning rooms. I'm not all that picky about hotels as long as they are clean and everything works but this was outrageous. Even the walls and ceiling had water on them. As a child, I lived in Florida and I know the humidity can be horrid but I don't recall pools of water on our floors. I don't like to give bad reviews but beware of the Travelodge at Pensacola Beach. Unfortunately I paid in cash for three nights. If I'd used my card I could have let the card company settle the dispute. They had us coming and going. Oh, they said price increases were due to renovations but all they did was paint and strip out carpet. Sinks, counter tops and tubs all had cigarette burns. Door hinges weren't replaced, they were painted. Furniture wasn't in good condition and their pillows leave a lot to be desired. I don't like to call people crooks but look out if you venture into this hotel. Oh another word to the wise. The last night we were there, I kept waking up due to some sound I was hearing. I finally walked to the front door to listen and sure enough someone was outside our door trying to peek inside through the side of the curtain. At that point I realized they could look in and look at the reflections in the mirror in the room if you were standing up. They have a peeping tom, question is, was it another guest or someone working at the hotel. They weren't there picking up laundry, it was still outside the door the following morning. I think the health department or chamber of commerce needs to get involved with these people and I don't say that lightly. I know rooms at the beach can be expensive but we won''t be going back to that hotel and I don't recommend anyone else stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Travelodge Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!