“Good location but uncomfortable”

Travelodge Pensacola Beach
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good location but uncomfortable”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Considering just the location, this is a really great hotel. It is just across the street from the beach, and when the entrance billboard to the Travelodge says "best deal on the island", it really is. But obviously, you get what you pay for. Considering the hotel itself, it wasn't very pleasant. There was no hair dryer, the sheets were freakishly wrinkled, the floor was dirty, and the towels and bedsheets had interesting "stains" on it. It felt like nothing was laundered or ironed for our arrival. One of the pillows had streaks of blood on it, though fortunately the other pillows were fine. However, they do have a microwave and a refrigerator in the room. Since the restaurants around the beach are very expensive, and the breakfast buffet is dismal, it is best to bring your own food and cook it in the microwave, especially if you are on the budget. So far, this hotel room is the closest I have come to camping, hence the bear mascot for Travelodge. The front desk staff are quite nice, though seem very overworked. A positive note is that the let us check out 2 hours later without having to pay an extra fee. When we arrived earlier than the check in time, they also offered to call us when our room was ready while we went to the beach.Overall, while the service was quite reasonable and better than I expected, the rooms left much to be desired and though I enjoyed my vacation I was glad to return home to a clean bed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We paid over $1200 for 4 nights and not one time were our linens changed. Our trash was taken out ONLY once and that's because I caught the cleaning people when we were walking out and they gave us clean towels and took out our trash. We had to ask for toilet paper twice b/c they never came and did anything while we were staying there and they only gave us one roll when we asked the 1st time. I was very disappointed in the fact that I had to ask for toilet paper twice and clean towels. The staff was nice when I saw them passing by but the fact that niceness didn't get things done :( The second time I called the front desk to tell them we were out of toilet paper, our trash was overflowing and we needed new towles she told me "we have all that down here so you can come by and pick it up" my reply was that for over $300 a night I should have to go get my own stuff. The room was VERY plain and that was a disappointment but the lobby was decorated nicely. I hate to complain but I couldn't believe the amount of money we paid and the service we got :( We stay on the beach every year to watch the Blue Angels and I have NEVER had a quality stay like I did this year. I also asked for new sheets when we first got there b/c there was hair on one of the sheets on one of the beds. They were very nice about it and got me another set.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola Beach hotels

Pensacola
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I came to Pensacola Beach to enjoy the Florida sun, the worlds whitest beaches, and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. This is the best priced hotel on Pensacola Beach! Way better rooms than the Days Inn that's Gulf front. The Paradise Inn is a hole in the wall. This hotel is right in the heart of Pensacola Beach you can walk everywhere. It's very expensive to travel as it is now a days with the economy. If you want a fancy room then you will pay for it. If you call all of the hotels on Pensacola Beach you'll soon realize you pay for the location.

Stayed July 2014
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Travelodge Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!