“Nice service, very good breakfast”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 17 December 2007

A very clean property that feels brand new. The breakfast area is extra large and comfortable, and the breakfast is good. Some hot items plus a large variety of cold or room temp items, good value and way more than a crummy continental breakfast.

The property is spick and span, attractive but not luxurious. The pool area looked very nice, beach is lovely.

Note that the "no view" rooms really have NO VIEW even though they have balconies. The "pool view" rooms would also have a beach view. Definitely, higher floors are better than lower in the view department.

The staff was very responsive and pleasant. The business center has two PCs and a printer that are free. The rooms are HUGE, would be quite comfortable for families doing a beach vacation.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank sedmai
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach

Reviewed 7 December 2007

Spring Hill Suites is fantastic. We arrived to find ample parking for our rental car, and check-in was smooth as silk. As we entered our room, I noticed five college-aged guys walking out with a cooler full of beer and they were whooping it up. I looked at Mrs. H. and said, "These guys are great, but they're going to keep us up all night." Back down to the front desk. I explained the situation and they could not have been more accomodating. Room change and room upgrade (I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the grease!). All was well. All of the rooms are spacious, clean, and functional suites. The gym consists of two machines and three treadmills. Good enough to get a pump. They offer a complimentary breakfast to all guests. Notice I didn't say "continental breakfast;" that's because they offer more than bagels and muffins. eggs, sausage, bacon, five juices, coffee, make-your-own-waffle stations, and a fruit station. it was tasty! the hotel is situated right on the beautiful beach. There are a couple of pools and a hot tub to relax in. All in all, a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank Healey04
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We stayed here just one night. The pool was great, breakfast was sufficient and the room's view was very good. Since this isn't one of Marriott's premier properties, we pretty much got what we expected. For our money, it was a great value and a great location. The beach was very clean though we found the next day that the beaches in Ft. Walton suffered from the red tide...I guess it just depends on the time of year.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank NikR
Reviewed 20 October 2007

We came for a friend's wedding and decided to stay at a Marriott property as we received a satisfactory level of service on past visits to other properties.
When it came to the cleanliness of the room, let us say it was WAY below the expectations that I had. Mold in the shower and embedded in the grout, pubic hair in the "clean" wash cloth, dust and hair above the doorway leading into the bathroom, dust on the a/c vent in bedroom area, coffee pot stuck to the tray as it had not been cleaned, and fingerprints on the door leading out to the balcony. Needless to say, just GROSS and cleaning is the last thing I want to worry with on a vacation!
Even though the manager on duty was able to get most of the mold off of the shower (couldn't get the embedded mold out of grout), the dust and fingerprints stayed throughout our stay even after the front desk was told about it.
I have to say that the room was about the same as some Super 8s and Motel 6s that I have seen. Very disappointed for the money and having a Marriott name on it.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mzkyle
Reviewed 20 October 2007

My Mom and I stayed here for four nights in October, and chose this location based on previous reviews - especially about the breakfast.

The pool area is very nice, although it loses a lot of sun light early because of the tower next door. There was a "Red Tide" warning while we were there so the beach / gulf were not very inviting.

It did have a very extensive "free" breakfast that included waffles, yogurt, cereal, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, etc although after the second day it would have been nice if they changed it up and offered different types of eggs (scrambled would have been nice). The coffee was also a bit lacking in flavor.

There is a business center that offers free internet use that was very helpful.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

I agree with a previous review - "Overall this place is ok for a few days if you can get a decent rate (I wouldn't pay more than $155/night) but if you plan to stay for a week I'd look for a condo to rent."

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in September, and chose this location based on previous reviews. Since I prefer to know everything about a place, both good and bad I'm writing my pros and cons:

Pros- nice pool area, beach is convenient and nice, probably the most extensive "free" breakfast you'll find anywhere, friendly and helpful staff

Cons - worst bed of any Marriott I've ever stayed at, however the staff did change out the mattress after I asked if something could be done. It was a slight improvement, but still not up to Marriott standards. I've stayed in cheap hotels with better beds. Also, the furniture in the room was quite uncomfortable - just a sofabed couch and straight back chair in the sitting room. A small table with chairs or even a recliner would have been nice.
This hotel is not very receptive to Marriott rewards members - they are very strict about making sure you only get the "room type" you booked and there is no deviating from that no matter what.(the single free beverage coupon at check in for being rewards members when there were 2 of us seemed a little tacky). It also seems to cater more to the business clients than the tourist trade, which is a little unusual given it's location on a beach. There really aren't any companies located close by, so I don't know if they offer some kind of incentive to get business travelers to stay there or what, but tourists are pretty much ignored. As for the free breakfast, they pretty much have a variety of everything, but the menu never varies. Be warned that if you like orange juice in the morning, plan to take your own. The OJ they serve tastes like it came from the sewer - bitter, sour and not fit to drink - this was a big dissatisfer for my husband who likes a glass in the morning.
Overall, this place is ok for a few days if you can get a decent rate (I wouldn't pay more than $150/night) but if you plan to stay for a week I'd look for a condo to rent.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolf32
Reviewed 13 August 2007

My family and I stayed here at the end of July. We had a fantastic time. The suites were very comfortable. They were large enough to make you fell you had a home away from home. The breakfast was FANTASTIC with eggs, waffles, sausage, ham, biscuits, fresh fruit, you name it. The staff was also very, very nice and very accommodating. I can't think of any negatives.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family