this hotel was nice on the outside but lacked severely on the inside. I guess my first sign was construction going on outside (see picture below) The outside was fabulous two pools, pool side bar huge deck an of course the coveted beach access.. although the trek from the hoel pool property through the sand to the beach was a mission and a half unlike the hotel next door had a huge wooden ramp to skip that part... also huge negative.. $10 an hour rental for beach chairs? or $23 for the whole day was pretty steep!
we checked in at 11am and didnt get our hotel room til almost 4... check in was at 3pm and yet they still checked us late.... although the guys that worked there were super cute and yes the girls were too for you gentlemen it didnt make up for the tardy check in... on a plus all the hotel staff i encountered were above and beyond friendly! especially the front desk people...
If you want to see what my hotel room looked like i did video it and posted it on youtube here is the link:
h ttp:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxP_9_se-SA&feature=channel_video_title
just remove the spaces in th ebeginning at the http and the / www im no sure if links are allowed here... but i do give an accurate view of the hotel suite and beach....
The room was big... and very spacious... there was a sink and bar area with a mini fridge so that was convenient the partition between the king size bed and sleeper sofa was nice but neither the bed nor the sleeper sofa were comfortable... especially the sleeper sofa... wow it was like sleeping in a cot! The bathroom was clean so was the room but it was severely dated.. pain peeling and water damage on the ceiling was not pleasant to look at especially since I paid over $300 for one night! BUT what made it all worth while was that view... it was a million dollar view (pictures below) when i saw that view it was beautiful beyond words es[ecialy during sunrise and sunset!
- breakfast was free which was alright but nothing special... probably not worth more than $10 it was a buffet!
- fitness center was small but had adequate up to date equipment
- the business center was very convenient to print our boarding passes the next day
- lots of eatries and shops near and around the area
- high speed internet was fast and free HUGE PLUS
- free local calls as well!
- parking was free and vast!
All in all this hotel needs some updating but nothing that is a huge deterrent the view makes up for it more than 10 folds! so i give this hotel 3 stars 3 1/2 if i could because of the friendly staff too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach offers a perfect location for trip to Florida. Our hotel in Pensacola Beach sits right on the water! Dip your toes into the sand or ocean, and savor the salt-filled air as you delight in a stay that includes easy access to all of the top attractions in Pensacola Beach. Everything is close here: sun and surf, and popular destinations like the Pensacola Bay Center and Fort Pickens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Springhill Suites
- Marriott Pensacola
- SpringHill Suites By Marriott Pensacola Beach Florida