“Not such a good stay”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
“Not such a good stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I planned and booked a room for a gathering that was taking place on the beach boardwalk. Before we could eat and leave, me and my guest were being kicked out the room for noise level. Mind you, I could hear people in other rooms and people at the pool having fun through my parties conversation. If you are looking to just sleep, this is the hotel for you. If not I suggest staying elsewhere, where you can talk at a level higher than the library

1 Thank dwilli33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Perhaps the friendliest hotel staff I've ever encountered (and I travel a lot). From the pool guy, to the housekeepers, to the front desk... every staff member seemed happy to be there and to help. The breakfast was delicious and my children loved the kiddie pool.

1 Thank sailinglobster
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It's a nice location. The pools are very nice. We didnt get up in time for the free breakfast. We did not like the fact that there wasn't a fan in the bathroom. And that the beach towels were very small. The only issue we had was Sunday afternoon: they decided to power wash the deck around 2pm while everyone was sunbathing. It went from nice and peaceful to loud and irritating for about an hour. Overall, the place is okay. I would prefer the Hilton down the street for the same price

2 Thank USFlyBoy
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2013

i would like to thank Justin the houseman in training for helping me unload half my home into the hotel. Justin and Leroy. brought a smile to my face i was having a very bad day i really like the lift
in spirit. Brooke who work the front desk was wonderful to me as well she is a beautiful young lady
as well. katie always was answered the phone with a smile. the issue i had was with the housekeeping. my tub had hairs in it the towel on the side room of the tub had hairs as well. the next day when housekeeping came to clean my room i felt like they really did not want to clean it the housekeeper for got to replace face towels she just rushed....but over all i enjoyed my stay i thank the gm for helping me and.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank coreta d
Susan P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for your comments Coreta about members of my staff and your experiences while a guest of our hotel. I have shared your review with my entire staff and the employees mentioned were very thrilled! I have addressed your comments about Housekeeping to my Executive Housekeeper so this may be taken care of immediately.
Once again, thank you very much and hope you will be able to visit us again soon!
Columbia, MO
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Nice beachfront hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant when communicated with. They would always welcome us back to the hotel and always had a smile. This hotel is perfect if traveling with kids. The free breakfast is served in a very large room, they even open up a nearby conference room to accommodate any overflow. There are pools for kids and adults and there is also a pool bar. There is a sandwich shop that serves from lunchtime until 3pm, you are on your own for dinner. There are several places to eat across the street (Subway, pizza) and a convenience store next door.

The beach is a short walk from the hotel. I see several reviews complaining about the lounge chair rental price on the beach. The hotel has nothing to do with the rental company except that you can charge the rental chairs to your hotel room as a convenience.

We decided to get the island view room instead of the gulf view room. gulf view rooms overlook the pool area. With island view you get a nice side view of Pensacola Bay (English Navy Cove) and the gulf without the noise of the pool area.

The only complaint I have is that the room furniture needs to be updated. The TVs are definitely not flat screen HDs. The design of the room makes it difficult to update the TV in the bedroom area, but the living area TV can be updated.

Overall great hotel for the price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Wynner7
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We know you have a choice of hotels to choose from while staying on the beach and certainly appreciate your business.
The room location in which you stayed in is also my favorite for the same reason!
We will be renovating our rooms and public spaces this fall!
Once again, thank you so much for your comments and hope you visit us again in the near future!
Arabi, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We booked 2 nights at the Springhill Suites in Pensacola Beach, FL as part of our stay for a swim meet at the Univeristy of West Florida. The location is wonderful, it is located directly on the sandy white beach of the Gulf of Mexico. Beach is wonderful, a short walk out of the back of the hotel. Hotel lobby and dining area are nicely done. The thing that impressed me more than the clean rooms was the staff including the nicest young lady Katie. I believe this staff may be the friendliest I have seen at any of my stays in many different hotels.

Again as mentioned the rooms were clean, a very comfortable size as well. We had a balcony facing the island but could see most of the gulf of mexico and beach.

Pools were excellent and they even had one heated in January and the team took advantage of that as well.

We had so much fun we already booked for early June for another swim meet in Pensacola.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for a short stay or family vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Garth3232
Susan P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay with us and our staff especially Katie. She is a delight and an asset to our front desk who thoroughly enjoys what she does and it shows! It was a pleasure having your swim team here and look forward to your next visit!
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2013

If you are looking for a family hotel on the beach and you are on a budget, this is your hotel. Free breakfast, great location and big rooms. Plenty of good local places to eat at walking distance. Staff is very friendly.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business