“Nice Room with Conveniences of Home”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 8 June 2008

We were in Pensacola for my sister's wedding and we decided to make a beach vacation out of the trip as well. This hotel was great for our family because we had a small fridge and microwave for our daughter's milk, juice and snacks. The room also had a coffee maker and free wifi which was great for my husband since he could continue to check on his businesses. There was also underground parking which is nice in the summer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We asked one of the desk attendants for her recommendation on where to eat dinner and she suggested Peg Leg Pete's, which turned out to be exactly what we were wanting that evening. Other hotel staff were very friendly as well but the housekeeping crew would want to clean our room at awkward times such as 5:00 in the evening. We were disappointed that the hotel was not more of a resort atmosphere because although the hotel had pools and a bar, nobody would serve you drinks or food. The hotel did not have an onsite restaurant, but it did have a snack bar in the afternoon--the food we had from the snack bar was very bland though. We thought the room decor was pretty bland as well but the rooms were very clean. I do appreciate that the hotel did overnight my phone charger back to me after I called to see if they would send it and they didn't even charge for that service. The beach was beautiful with soft, white sands and pretty water.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 May 2008

Our family of 5 was delighted! Spacious room on the first floor was incredibly quiet .. even with the pool outside our balcony. The hotel was full of families traveling on spring break, but we were impressed with how quiet it was. The pools were terrific, and the kiddie pool with fountains would be perfect for toddlers and parents who have to get in the water with them. Pools were cleaned daily and towels are provided. Lots of chairs too.

The hotel is located at the end of the hotel "strip" which makes for a less crowded beach area. Beautiful view, pretty sand, and lots of seashells too. This hotel is right on the beach. Lots of parking for this hotel is a plus.

The staff at this location is excellent! We were impressed with their courtesy and friendliness, from desk clerks to room attendants to buffet attendants. Very accommodating and helpful such as when we needed to delay cleaning our room due to our schedule. In fact, everyone at restaurants, stores, and hotels in Pensacola Beach were terrific ... felt more welcomed than in lots of tourist-type towns.

We really enjoyed our room. Beds were very comfy, nice sheets, and lots of nice pillows. Bathroom sink is separate from the rest of the bathroom, but the toilet is in the same room as the tub/shower. Refrigerator is larger than most dorm fridges, so plenty of room for drinks and snacks. We brought a hot plate and cooked some food in our room, which was good for lunch.

The breakfast buffet is well worth it. Hard cooked eggs, Canadian bacon, grits, cut fruit, and oatmeal were favorites of the adults ... kids enjoyed the danish, yogurt, biscuits, hot waffles, sausages, cereal, etc. Well stocked throughout the morning by attentive and friendly staff. Coffee, tea, juice & milk to drink. The menu doesn't rotate, but we had plenty of choices.

We'd recommend this to friends, and we'd definitely come back. You can't beat the value for the money. Can't think of anything negative to say about our stay. Book this hotel before the rooms are all gone!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I booked about 2 weeks ago for a wedding. I booked through Susan. I have to say it was the easiest thing I have done. She was so nice and helpful. When I was almost in Pensacola I called Ashley (one of the front desk clerks) who guided me into Pensacola safely. She was so friendly as well. I got there and got into the room after a long afternoon of driving in pouring rain. I was very impressed! It was such a nice sight to see. The rooms are HUGE and so comfortable. The view is unbelievable. The service is top notch! I would stay here again no questions. Thanks to Susan and Ashley!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2008

I would highly recommend staying at this Marriott Suites. It is very comfortable, the rooms are spacious suites with small refrigerator, microwave and bar sink. The suite has a sitting area with TV, sofa and desk. There is free high speed internet in the room. Everything was very clean, the room was made up while I was at breakfast. The location is excellent, gorgeous ocean front, next to a quiet residential area. The staff was extremely helpful and professional, and responded quickly to my requests. The breakfast buffet combined hot and cold food and was well stocked. There are several pools with plenty of lounge chairs by them, a children's pool with fountains, and 2 other pools, one heated and a jacuzzi.
Pensacola Beach is a delightful place to visit in February, quiet, sparkling sand, miles and miles to walk along the shore. I would not recommend eating at Flounders, the wait was long and the food and service mediocre. Peg Leg Pete is better.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank NCtraveler06
Reviewed 9 January 2008

This was truly the most wonderful beach vacation hotel I have ever stayed in! The rooms were well appointed, with beautiful artwork and a gorgeous facility. The grounds were beautiful and extremely well-kept. The free breakfast buffet is a feast, with something to tempt every taste.

The location is at the end of the main drag, making it easier to get in and out of. The staff was helpful and friendly but not nosy. Everything was super clean.

It truly was a joy to be there, and we will be booking there again when we return to Pensacola Beach.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2007

A very clean property that feels brand new. The breakfast area is extra large and comfortable, and the breakfast is good. Some hot items plus a large variety of cold or room temp items, good value and way more than a crummy continental breakfast.

The property is spick and span, attractive but not luxurious. The pool area looked very nice, beach is lovely.

Note that the "no view" rooms really have NO VIEW even though they have balconies. The "pool view" rooms would also have a beach view. Definitely, higher floors are better than lower in the view department.

The staff was very responsive and pleasant. The business center has two PCs and a printer that are free. The rooms are HUGE, would be quite comfortable for families doing a beach vacation.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank sedmai
Reviewed 7 December 2007

Spring Hill Suites is fantastic. We arrived to find ample parking for our rental car, and check-in was smooth as silk. As we entered our room, I noticed five college-aged guys walking out with a cooler full of beer and they were whooping it up. I looked at Mrs. H. and said, "These guys are great, but they're going to keep us up all night." Back down to the front desk. I explained the situation and they could not have been more accomodating. Room change and room upgrade (I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the grease!). All was well. All of the rooms are spacious, clean, and functional suites. The gym consists of two machines and three treadmills. Good enough to get a pump. They offer a complimentary breakfast to all guests. Notice I didn't say "continental breakfast;" that's because they offer more than bagels and muffins. eggs, sausage, bacon, five juices, coffee, make-your-own-waffle stations, and a fruit station. it was tasty! the hotel is situated right on the beautiful beach. There are a couple of pools and a hot tub to relax in. All in all, a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007