“A wonderful bargain”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Vermilion, Ohio
“A wonderful bargain”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our family of three just returned from eight nights at this hotel. Our first time on this side of the state and I can honestly say this is one of the most beautiful beaches we have seen. The beach is only steps from the pool. we had an executive suite directly on the gulf front. this is a large room. As seen with many reviews,the room is in need of updating as far as new furniture, although our room had new mattresses and two new tv's. We saw new tv's arriving daily. The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job.They are doing an entire renovation after this summer and we look forward to coming back to see the changes. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom is large but needs a redesign to be more user friendly. We have a daughter in a wheelchair so it was,especially tight for us. Love the little twin bed in a nook in addition to the king bed and pull out sofa bed. Worked perfect for our daughter. The room is designed so you can be in the king bedroom and look out at the ocean. the living area is all windows and has wonderful views too. More windows than most oceanfront hotels. Nice that parking is free and breakfast included.The breakfast is pretty standard and could use perhaps a little more variety for those of us who stay a week or more. the breakfast was kept well supplied and the staff was very nice and helpful. I have to say that the entire staff went above and beyond to be helpful during our stay..from all of the front desk staff, maintenance, housekeeping, breakfast area, sandwich shop,and bar!! We found we were able to walk to the boardwalk area and be able to find many places to eat and souvenir shop. A visit to Blue Angels practice is worth it as well as the tanger Outlets less than an hour away for serious shoppers. We loved it here and once renovated, this hotel will be hard to beat. I feel it is a bargain now!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vicki L
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach. I am so glad your family and you had a great stay while here. I will defiantly let the staff know what great comments you left about them also. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything or we can help with anything else!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Super nice for a weekend getaway. I was impressed with the view we had considering we had military rate. Very reasonable!! We could see not only the Gulf of Mexico, but the Santa Rosa Sound. Gorgeous sunrise. Three pools & whirlpool spa. Free hot breakfast & Free WiFi. Parking was spectacular with garage on bottom floor with elevator access for handicapped. Tiki Bar on patio area. Would have given five stars, but I was a little disappointed with how the rooms were showing age, but still a suite with two double beds & a pullout sofa.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from elevator. Foot traffic and people returning from bars after midnight can be an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We are so happy that your getaway was would you were hoping for! We are planning a renovation for the fall for the entire hotel that I hope will fix the issues you saw while at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay and if you need anything please feel free to contact me.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was one of the best Hotels I've ever Been to! Great View, beautiful Place I loved it! The water is blue and the sands are white. The Service was great and the amenities are amazing. I'm Coming back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay at Pensacola Beach. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here. I will pass along to the staff the positive comments about them. We hope to see you in the future and if you need anything please feel free to contact me!
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed their Feb 17, 2014 thru Feb 22, 2014. We stayed at a Comfort Inn on our way down their and back. I must say my daughter liked the beds in the Springhill Suites Hotel so much better. The staff was very friendly. I was impressed at how clean the pools and the grounds of the hotel were. We are already planning our next vacation for 2015 and will be booking your hotel. The hotel was full for part of this trip and you wouldn't have known it. It was so quiet. We really enjoyed the beautiful beach. We have taken many vacations to Florida and this was our first time to Pensacola Beach and it won't be our last. We were visiting from Peoria, Illinois

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Micjes
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment and we appreciate you adding your experience. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2015. We are scheduled to be renovated this fall so you will get to see those changes. Thank you again and in the future please feel free to contact us with any questions!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my family prefer staying in Marriott brand hotels but for the first time we switched to Hilton. We booked Spring Hill Suits for four nights but stayed only one. It was the most unpleasant stay I've ever had. The rooms were really old and dirty. Every piece of furniture and carpet had stains. Also, our room smelled really bad. My seven years old son asked me "who puked here". The view was pretty bad too - a little of Gulf view and private houses yards.
We went for a walk and stopped at Hampton Inn. Not only they gave us Gulf view room, but charged us $35 less than Spring Hill Suits. Hampton Inn - $104.99, Spring Hill Suits - $139.99.
Breakfast was similar at both places but Hampton Inn had more fruit.
Staff at Spring Hill Suits was friendly and helpfull, but there was nothing they could of said or done to make me stay at that hotel...

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Lida54321
Sarah R, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm sorry the we fell below your expectations. We realize that we are due for a renovation and are currently set to begin in the fall. Please feel free to contact me at 850-932-6000 so that we can discuss your stay with us.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay at SpringHill Suites. We have six children and very rarely find hotels with adjoining rooms - we were very pleased that this particular hotel offered that feature. It certainly helped to make our stay more enjoyable. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. We liked the location and the close proximity to the beach was fantastic. We were able to rent beach chairs for a very reasonable price. The heated pool was very nice, we didn't venture into the non-heated pools because it wasn't that warm yet. The rooms were just your standard room with a fridge and microwave. My only complaint, and this is very minor, is that both my husband and myself had difficulty connecting to the Wi-Fi. Overall a very nice stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and chose not to stay in rooms that faced the Gulf. We could still see t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank FamTrav08
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We are glad that your family and you enjoyed your stay at Pensacola Beach.Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are set to upgrade our hotel after the summer season and part of that will include updating the Wi-Fi to become faster. Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance. Again thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in February for a short weekend trip for Valentines Day. We had a gulf front room on the second floor and were amazed by the view. The hotel was clean and spacious (our room was a little awkwardly laid out though with lots of unused floor space, the bed was next to the door with the couch next to the large windows...) and the staff was friendly and helpful in giving restaurant suggestions.

It was relatively chilly still for the weekend, but even though we were told the hotel was completely booked, it didn't feel crowded. The hotel seems like one of the smaller ones on the island, which I prefer. The beach was just steps outside our room and we were within easy walking distance to the boardwalk. There are also a few shops and cafes right across the street. It was far enough away though that the beach crowds stayed down from us.

On the negative side, I was a little disappointed by how outdated the room was for the price. We had old CRT style televisions which squealed with a high pitched noise and the carpet looked like it needed replaced. I was also disappointed by the cheap white plastic chairs on the porch, for the price I was excepting something a little nicer. But, on the bright side--the bed was comfortable, the kitchenette prefect, and the towels were huge compared to normal hotel towels which was an awesome surprise!

Overall, the location, view, and staff were fantastic, it was just the room itself that left a little to be desired.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple