“Welcome to the "Hell"ton”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 April 2012

When we arrived, there was an MMA cage fight in the parking lot. Due to this classy Friday night event, we were forced to valet our car. They rushed us out of our car so frantically, that we had to leave some of our belongings in the car.
When we navigated through tons of drunk coeds to finally reach the front desk. The desk worker asked why were we just getting here. Like its any of her business. She was cold and distant, to say the least, and looked irritated to have to check us in.

Little did we know that we had checked in to Spring Break party central. The drunk coeds infested the hotel like roaches, drinking in the hallways, carrying on loud, off putting conversations into the wee hours of the morning. We called the front desk to complain about the noise, but no one answered. Thus, no sleep night 1.

Night 2, same problem. Since the front desk wouldn't help, I tried politely asking said coeds to either quiet down or please move to an area that was not right outside my room door. The coeds got snarky and felt that they were paying just as much as I was for their room and they could do whatever they wanted. Security was called once and responded half an hour later. Sadly as soon as the guard was on the elevator, they all came back out.

I finally got a hold of the front desk and told them that they had to to dispatch some one who could handle the hooligans in the hallway. I was really close to calling the police. I find it ludacris to pay that much for a room that I clearly wasn't able to sleep in.

The rooms weren't well cleaned. Towels weren't replenished, and an old room service plate sat out in the elevator lobby for 2 days with food still on it. Yuck! Our shower handle barely worked. The faucet was about to fall out of the wall. One of the two phones in the room had bare wire showing and the mini fridge had some crazy broken piece of wood hanging out on top.

We were guaranteed late check out and were locked out of our rooms after the normal 11 am check out. This really was the hotel from "Hell" the grumpy staff had no desire to make our stay even bearable. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank christielou8
There are newer reviews for Hilton Pensacola Beach

Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family checked in for a few nights over Spring Break. We really loved the location of this hotel. Once we parked our car at arrival, we never drove it again. There are enough restaurants close by that we walked to eat every night. Our days were spent on the beach in chairs rented from Lazy Days. It is $25 a day for 2 chairs and an umbrella, but they will give you a discount if you purchase multiple days. We ate lunch at the pool bar and the food was perfect for a family that did not want to stray far from the sand. Our favorite restaurant we walked to was Crabs. It is just past the Hampton Inn next door and nothing beats walking on the sand to dinner. My only complaint would be that when we printed our confirmation the day before we left the confirmation showed we had already been upgraded to a suite with bunk beds thanks to my husbands Hilton Honors diamond status. At check in we were told no upgrade was available at all, not even a basic upgrade to a room with a balcony. We arrived at normal check in time, not late in the day. This was a disappointment since our confirmation stated the opposite. I feel sure they gave our room to another Hilton Honors member, I just wish we had not ever seen the first upgrade. After all, I am realistic enough to know we got the room we booked. Tori at the front desk was helpful and moved us to a balcony room our second day. The complimentary continental breakfast for HH was wonderful and had plenty of choices for us. It was $3.00 to upgrade to the full breakfast buffet. On the day we woke up to rain they allowed us to fill 2 to go boxes from the continental buffet and we enjoyed a relaxing breakfast in our room. I would stay here again but go in with no expectations of an upgrade during busy season.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We booked the hotel in the early afternoon and did not check in until late. The front desk person was average and had no desire to have a conversation about the hotel or the area. They did not have my keys and paperwork ready so they never bothered to look at my profile with my Honors which tells my preferences. It was as if I was only there for one night so why bother. I have come expect a higher standard of service from Hilton properties this did not measure up.The room was small and nothing special for what they charged. There was one highlight one person on the front desk named Shane did try his best to help us out and for that I thank him. Given the lack of service overall I will not return nor would I recommend this Hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank oudda63
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a hard one to review. Let's start with the positives...the view of the beach from the balcony rooms is AMAZING! White sand and ocean for as far as the eyes can see (I'll post a picture) was definitely reminiscent of trips to the Caribbean and South Africa. The pool area was great; very family oriented and conducive to a good time. Very friendly, helpful male front desk staff. Now the cons: The room itself (decor, furniture, balcony furniture) was extremely run down. Different colored paint on the walls, fake wooded furniture from the 60s/70s complete with an old school TV and NO docking station for an iPod, rusted towel racks in the bathroom, etc. It definitely felt more like a down rate motel than a Hilton - not worth more than $50/night at best. The carpet in the room and in the hallway was stained and the overall room environment seemed extremely dirty. I actually checked for bed bugs! I ordered a fruit plate via room service on the 2nd night and literally waited for a full hour before calling back to check on my order. I was greeted with "We were waiting for you to call back because we couldn't remember your room number." Enough said.

I'm still trying to determine if the view of the beach/ocean made up for the other features. All in all, I'd vote to stay away unless you receive a REALLY great rate.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to an ocean view/balcony room. This will be the only high point of your stay.
5  Thank MsSmall
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Never get the room 321, it is a room out of a horror movie, mold smelly, rusty and with a TV from the 70's. I can't believe the staff assigned that room for myself with my 2 year old daughter, we had to leave one day early because she got a horrible rash and they charged us the room regardless. After the second night we asked for another room and they put us in 725 that was cleans and not smelly, but I wonder what kind of staff does that?
I have written them and American Express a letter... Of course no answer.
Before you stay there make sure you know never to stay in 321!
Good luck

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Musi29
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Wish we had chosen a different location for our vacation. Should have known when we went to check in and Britany just stood there without helping, without acknowledging I was standing there. Liam had to come check us in.

We had 5 people registered to a suite and only 3 towels, and one shampoo, one soap, etc. When I called they blamed me for not registering them all (I had registered 2 adults, 3 children). We chased towels all week - one day we didn't get any, and had to call down twice to get them. We had to wait an hour to get ready to go out to dinner. At the pool the first day we didn't know where to get towels, so my husband went in to ask at the front desk. He talked to Tori and asked her where to get towels. She replied "at the front desk" (no move to help). Thinking he had gotten it wrong, he asked where the front desk was. She replied "right here" (still no move to get towels). She was the same desk agent, when I finally got fed up enough to talk to a manager, looked evasive and told me that the GM was in a meeting - She has obviously been coached to say that, which says it all - The GM doesn't want to talk to guests. Another desk agent told me the manager was busy and he wasn't sure he could find him.

No water one afternoon, again after we got back from the pool and tried to get ready to go out to dinner. Two afternoons we couldn't get hot water.

Ran out of toilet paper and finally bought a package so we could change it ourselves because it would get down so low and not change it, and there wasn't an extra roll in the room.

A couple of positives: The servers in the restaurant (Rachel, Rebecca, Olga?) were good and were friendly. Alician at the Front Desk really tried to be helpful, but these issues were clearly out of her control.

Overall, they are clearly running this place on the cheap, so much so that they could have ruined our family vacation. We paid nearly $3000 for a crummy experience. I know it was spring break time, but I feel like I paid enough to get better service.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and had excellent views of the beach, pools and bay
5  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We loved Pensacola. It was a great spring break location. The beach was lovely and there was no traffic. The hotel was average and the service was terrible. I actually has one employee roll her eyes at me when I requested an extra towel. While swimming with my kids on a rainy day I was told to move my towels out from under a cabana because some workers were using it for their work space, aka spot to smoke while they should have been working. The elevators and halls were always dirty and had standing water on the floor. Several times when I called down to the front desk no one answered the phone. When we checked in there was no one to be found to help with luggage and I was told that I could not use the luggage carts.
The hotel breakfast was good but had a 20 min wait each morning because they did not have many seats. Food by the pool was bad and I had to wait over 15 min at the pool bar just to place an order.
I would return to Pensacola beach again but would pick a different hotel. The Blue Angels practice at the navy base is a must see!

Room Tip: Make sure to stay in the second tower with larger balcony and great view of the beach.
3  Thank ilvshoeslane