“ONCE AGAIN HILTON FAILS!!!”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Princeton, Minnesota
“ONCE AGAIN HILTON FAILS!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had 2 nights free because our last trip to this resort was terrible. We stayed 4/29/12 - 5/1/12. We checked in and the door on our room was so noisy that you could not leave the room without waking people up. The food and service for the food was still terrible. They tried to charge us for a sail boat that was rented on the beach on 4/29 which we only checked in then went to families house for the whole day and didn't get back until late. They did remove this charge but come on we travel with a 3 yr old like we could do something like that. I think there should be better checking into who is charging things to rooms. How hard is it to verify names??? The service was not good again and the food was not that good either. I would not recommend this resort to anyone! If you want a good resort stay next door at the Holiday Inn Resort!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank mpls1639
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear mpls1639,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. On behalf of the team members, I apologize for your unpleasant experience. We pride ourselves on providing all our guests with great service and quality. And failing you twice is definitely inexcusable. I would like to make it right if you choose to give us a third chance. I will personally make sure that your next stay will be wonderful.

I left a message in your inbox. Hope to hear from you soon.

Gina O. Dudley, General Manager
Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
destin, florida
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have been going to this hotel for years and always stay in a suite in the new towers. The furniture and paint are getting worn out. There is no wireless internet in the rooms! Come on people...this is 2012....for $450 a night no wireless internet.
TV in second room didn't work. No video game options for kids. Just not what you would expect. Sadly, I think that we need to find a new beach hotel in Pensacola.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank r g
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The Hilton does a great job. Very attentive staff, beautiful pool, and an emerald green ocean with a white sand beach.
Rooms are large clean and in our room the views were spectacular. We were on the 17th floor of the tower with balconies overlooking the pool and beach. A few areas are showing wear but this a beach destination so that should be expected.
Property accommodates business meetings , vacationers and families well. We always have a great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here for long weekend gettaway in Feb. As Diamond memebers with Hilton was I was disapaointed.
We booked King room, The hotel gave me a Diamond upgrade with ocean view, but with only a Queen beds.
The room had a kitchen-net in it however there was not one, glass, plate or silverware in the room.
Not sure besides a small Fridg what the point of having that a Kitchen-net was.
Location was why we chose this hotel and that it did score high with.
We booked spa treatment with affiliated spa next door. Treatments were so so nothing to right home about.
I say if you going for the beach and seafood it is a good choice.
Clean but not fancy.
I had a billing issue that showed up after I checked out. Hotel never addressed after several emails and phone calls I disputed with Amex and they took care of it.
Manager at Hilton very un responsive on this issue.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank phnett1
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear phnett1,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback of your experience at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. We value our HHONORS Diamond Members and we are fully aware that wherever you stay, Hilton Worldwide, you expect the best service, best accomodations, and best of everything.

I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than great. Although the upgrade was with good intentions, we should have verified your preference for a king bedded room.

I sent you a message and hope to hear from you to discuss more in details of your stay.

Gina O. Dudley
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 15 April 2012

When we arrived, there was an MMA cage fight in the parking lot. Due to this classy Friday night event, we were forced to valet our car. They rushed us out of our car so frantically, that we had to leave some of our belongings in the car.
When we navigated through tons of drunk coeds to finally reach the front desk. The desk worker asked why were we just getting here. Like its any of her business. She was cold and distant, to say the least, and looked irritated to have to check us in.

Little did we know that we had checked in to Spring Break party central. The drunk coeds infested the hotel like roaches, drinking in the hallways, carrying on loud, off putting conversations into the wee hours of the morning. We called the front desk to complain about the noise, but no one answered. Thus, no sleep night 1.

Night 2, same problem. Since the front desk wouldn't help, I tried politely asking said coeds to either quiet down or please move to an area that was not right outside my room door. The coeds got snarky and felt that they were paying just as much as I was for their room and they could do whatever they wanted. Security was called once and responded half an hour later. Sadly as soon as the guard was on the elevator, they all came back out.

I finally got a hold of the front desk and told them that they had to to dispatch some one who could handle the hooligans in the hallway. I was really close to calling the police. I find it ludacris to pay that much for a room that I clearly wasn't able to sleep in.

The rooms weren't well cleaned. Towels weren't replenished, and an old room service plate sat out in the elevator lobby for 2 days with food still on it. Yuck! Our shower handle barely worked. The faucet was about to fall out of the wall. One of the two phones in the room had bare wire showing and the mini fridge had some crazy broken piece of wood hanging out on top.

We were guaranteed late check out and were locked out of our rooms after the normal 11 am check out. This really was the hotel from "Hell" the grumpy staff had no desire to make our stay even bearable. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank christielou8
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family checked in for a few nights over Spring Break. We really loved the location of this hotel. Once we parked our car at arrival, we never drove it again. There are enough restaurants close by that we walked to eat every night. Our days were spent on the beach in chairs rented from Lazy Days. It is $25 a day for 2 chairs and an umbrella, but they will give you a discount if you purchase multiple days. We ate lunch at the pool bar and the food was perfect for a family that did not want to stray far from the sand. Our favorite restaurant we walked to was Crabs. It is just past the Hampton Inn next door and nothing beats walking on the sand to dinner. My only complaint would be that when we printed our confirmation the day before we left the confirmation showed we had already been upgraded to a suite with bunk beds thanks to my husbands Hilton Honors diamond status. At check in we were told no upgrade was available at all, not even a basic upgrade to a room with a balcony. We arrived at normal check in time, not late in the day. This was a disappointment since our confirmation stated the opposite. I feel sure they gave our room to another Hilton Honors member, I just wish we had not ever seen the first upgrade. After all, I am realistic enough to know we got the room we booked. Tori at the front desk was helpful and moved us to a balcony room our second day. The complimentary continental breakfast for HH was wonderful and had plenty of choices for us. It was $3.00 to upgrade to the full breakfast buffet. On the day we woke up to rain they allowed us to fill 2 to go boxes from the continental buffet and we enjoyed a relaxing breakfast in our room. I would stay here again but go in with no expectations of an upgrade during busy season.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
FLORIDA
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We booked the hotel in the early afternoon and did not check in until late. The front desk person was average and had no desire to have a conversation about the hotel or the area. They did not have my keys and paperwork ready so they never bothered to look at my profile with my Honors which tells my preferences. It was as if I was only there for one night so why bother. I have come expect a higher standard of service from Hilton properties this did not measure up.The room was small and nothing special for what they charged. There was one highlight one person on the front desk named Shane did try his best to help us out and for that I thank him. Given the lack of service overall I will not return nor would I recommend this Hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple