“Nice hotel, great location, beautiful part of the world”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Pensacola Beach was actually pretty booked up due to Spring Break, however the price of the hotel was not unreasonable. I was on the third floor in the main part of the hotel overlooking the front of the hotel - you cannot complain about the view. The room was very clean and efficient and I have no complaints. Lots of clean towels and complimentary shampoo etc. as well as an in-room drinks makers with *lots* of choice (which is surprisingly quite rare). The bed was very comfortable and I would say my only complaint with the room was the AC unit was noisy and it probably needs some kind of wind deflector installing on it on the outside of the building.

There were WiFi issues when I arrived, which prevented me from doing some urgent work; it was a slight inconvenience but the hotel were great and I ran in to a tech in the elevator who swung past my room, by which time the issue had been resolved. I got complimentary WiFi during my stay, by accident I think, as my computer remembered his WiFi complimentary code.

The only facilities in the hotel I used was the bar - I had a drink but decided to skip food as it was heavy on the seafood (expected, given the part of the world) and I have limited palate due to allergies, I took myself next door to a sports diner, which I have previously frequented for more traditional American-fare.

I also used the Starbucks bar...coffee is coffee right?

My only complaint, and frankly, I feel a really moaner saying this - there are two elevators in the main lobby and goodness me, they are SLOW. Terribly slow.

All in all, it is my hotel of choice in Pensacola and the second time I have stayed there. Would definitely stay there again, even if I was not on business travel.

Room Tip: The lower down floors mean it is probably easier to walk to your room, given the elevators are extre...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for the great review of our facilities!!! So glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here. Hope to see you back very soon again.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Despite the devastating storms, everyone here is in welcoming and upbeat mood. Chelsey at check-in is tremendous. Speaks highly of the community that even in adversity, their spirit is unwavering. Glad we came.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for such a great review during some trying times with the weather. I noticed your comment about Chelsey, I will make sure she see's it. Come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a great experience at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. We were greeted by Chelsey at the front desk and she was very pleasant and allowed us to check into the hotel early. Louis brought our bags to our room, filled our ice bucket and said to call him if we needed anything. The beach was fantastic and when we were ready for a cocktail we were greeted by two great bartenders that offered suggestions and made great drinks. The room was very clean and the ocean view and balcony are great. Although we didn't eat in, they had food available and a snack bar. The only suggestion I have is to have music by the pool. All in all, it was a great experience. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent "Great Experience"!!! I noticed your comments about Chelsey and Louis and will make sure they read it over. So glad you enjoyed our hotel and services. Come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The rooms were very clean with all the amnesties of home. Great view of the Gulf of Mexico. Located within walking distance of many eating establishments. There is plenty to do both inside and out. Their pool is very clean and you can workout while you stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014

You are correct about our beaches and hotel. Everything is close by and convenient to the hotel. Thanks for visiting, do come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great hotel and great location. The hotel is within walking distance to many great restaurants and plenty shopping on the boardwalk. Check in was very quick and easy. The pool was also amazing. I was there for a meeting and the conference rooms worked great and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014

So very happy to see you enjoyed yourself during your visit, especially since you were here for a meeting. I hope you had time to visit our beach to relax. Come back very soon for another visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is always my hotel of choice. I have stayed here many times, for weddings, conferences, and just pleasure. They are always my 1st and only choice of hotels along Pensacola Beach. It always starts with great parking (a covered garage), then the wonderful desk staff. Chelsey was quick and helpful from the moment I arrived this trip. Our company is holding a conference this week, and she was quick with my room keys, and helpful on the meeting room location. The rooms are spacious, which is neither here or there as my free time will be spent on the worlds most beautiful beaches. The ease of access to the beach and pools is a plus, along with a great bar and restaurant to boot. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great comment " Best Hotel on Pensacola Beach"!!!! Very happy to see you enjoyed yourselves while here, especially during your meeting. I noticed your comment about Chelsey, and will make sure see reads your comments. Come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we had great service. Grant met us at the car. After a 12 hr trip with kids, I was reluctant to have him help because everything was a mess. He was gracious. He helped get the luggage situated while I dug the kids out from the water bottles. We stayed in the large tower. The room was very clean and cooled nicely. Each room was up to Hilton standards. It was a little chilly during the week, but the kids were happy at the beach. I don't know if the pool was heated, but it was chilly. I appreciated that staff would walk by often to make sure the area was clean. A large number of people congregated at the hot tub. One evening the kids were sitting along the edge of the hot tub and a group (maybe early 20's) came in. Their language was pretty rough. One of the staff politely reminded them of their language. I was grateful, as this is a family facility.

I appreciated that the staff were very polite to my children. They gave them Easter Candy and asked how they were. It's a small thing, but it makes them more comfortable being in a different environment.

Our rooms were cleaned very well. I might mention that a 3 bedroom room might warrant more than one shampoo/ conditioner/ or lotion in the bathroom. The cleaning staff were very thorough. There was one day we didn't need our room serviced. We did get a call later verifying this was correct and to make sure we didn't need anything. It's a small thing, but does show the staff is thorough.

I used the exercise room. I was pleased with the treadmill. It was clean and in good condition. I used the weights, also in great condition.

Look forward to staying again.

Stayed: April 2014

WOW, thank you for such and great review. So happy Grant took great care of you and will make sure he see's your comments. Come back and see us very soon.