“Could Be Great ...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Could Be Great ...”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Hilton Pensacola Beach has a great location and pool and beach amenities. The staff is uniformly nice and accomodating. The breakfast food outstanding and the outside bar drinks well done.

So why isn't the experience better? Their appears to be - and perhaps in housekeeping and grounds just a little lack of attention to detail and sense of the place being timeworn and just some foolish policies.
The towels are thin - and our first set were threadbare - I tossed them in the trash - but they should never have left the dryer. There were clothes in the bathroom drawers (they are probably still there room 1132).
Policy wise they make you sign out these rather flimsy beach towels. However the place to return them closes at 5 - so if you have them after five you've got to take your bathing suit self up to the front desk to return them - really Hilton this is the best you can come up with?
The toilet paper may be the cheapest I have ever seen - really below Hilton Standards.
Finally if you are in the pool and really look at things you will see that it could be a lot nicer.

Room Tip: Get into the tower
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear jackson55555,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your feedback allows us to make changes to how we operate and how we service our Guests. I apologize that our housekeeping and our pool experience were not to your satisaction. I will certainly look into these matters.
We look forward to your next visit; meanwhile, please take care.
Gina O. Dudley, General Manager
Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I can't say enough about the staff. They are friendly and extremely accommodating in every way. I misplaced my wallet someplace on the hotel property. When I realized it was missing, the staff assured me it would be located. With genuine concern they searched, rescued and delivered it to me within 24 hours, not a penny missing and then they issued two complimentary breakfast vouchers (even though I was the one at fault!) I didn't use the breakfast vouchers, but I am so grateful to all the staff for the way I was treated during a very stressful situation.

Room Tip: The upgrade to an ocean front room is well worth it. We loved the large balcony with table and four...
Green Features: I applaud this hotel for supporting environmental sustainability practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
So happy to hear that we found your wallet and got it back to you. Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and especially mentioning our sustainability efforts. Come back very soon for another visit with us.
Metro East St. Louis
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Made a last minute booking @ Pensacola Beach Hilton for an overnight stay. Reservations were easy & staff friendly. Upon arrival we were kindly greeted by Ivan with the utmost professionalism & welcoming demeanor. Our room was well appointed as we have come to expect from Hilton properties. Although we could not get a gulf view, we are more than happy with the bay view. Thanks for another great experience. We have no complaints.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
What a fabulous review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear we lived up to your expectations. Please come back very soon for another visit.
Conway, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Views from balcony were fantastic! Room was spacious and well-equipped. Hotel was perfect, inside and outside. Staff was friendly and helpful. GREAT location to all activities. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

"Eye Popping"!!! Is correct!!!! Sounds like you were in our Tower 2 rooms which have a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. Very glad you enjoyed yourselves here and hope to see you back very soon.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Although our spring vacation was cut a bit short, due to a disastrous storm, our stay at Hilton Pensacola Beach was superb! From checking in with Lawson, to sadly departing with Johnetta, the staff is impeccable. Lawson unbelievably acknowledged us, (by name), each time we passed the front desk. Johnetta, managed to find us an ocean-view room in no-time. No matter the employee, everyone we came in contact with appeared to be thrilled we were there.
Our guest room was exemplary, (not always typical of a beach front hotel). The room attendants were both friendly and efficient.
The pool area - just beautiful! Not a crazy waterpark feel - but just enough for both adults and children to enjoy - and of course, the outdoor beach bar, cool and convenient!
We're already looking forward to our next visit - hope to see the same, friendly faces!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I noticed your comments on Lawson and Johnetta and will make sure they both see them. Come back very soon for another visit.
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Pensacola Beach was actually pretty booked up due to Spring Break, however the price of the hotel was not unreasonable. I was on the third floor in the main part of the hotel overlooking the front of the hotel - you cannot complain about the view. The room was very clean and efficient and I have no complaints. Lots of clean towels and complimentary shampoo etc. as well as an in-room drinks makers with *lots* of choice (which is surprisingly quite rare). The bed was very comfortable and I would say my only complaint with the room was the AC unit was noisy and it probably needs some kind of wind deflector installing on it on the outside of the building.

There were WiFi issues when I arrived, which prevented me from doing some urgent work; it was a slight inconvenience but the hotel were great and I ran in to a tech in the elevator who swung past my room, by which time the issue had been resolved. I got complimentary WiFi during my stay, by accident I think, as my computer remembered his WiFi complimentary code.

The only facilities in the hotel I used was the bar - I had a drink but decided to skip food as it was heavy on the seafood (expected, given the part of the world) and I have limited palate due to allergies, I took myself next door to a sports diner, which I have previously frequented for more traditional American-fare.

I also used the Starbucks bar...coffee is coffee right?

My only complaint, and frankly, I feel a really moaner saying this - there are two elevators in the main lobby and goodness me, they are SLOW. Terribly slow.

All in all, it is my hotel of choice in Pensacola and the second time I have stayed there. Would definitely stay there again, even if I was not on business travel.

Room Tip: The lower down floors mean it is probably easier to walk to your room, given the elevators are extre...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review of our facilities!!! So glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here. Hope to see you back very soon again.
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Despite the devastating storms, everyone here is in welcoming and upbeat mood. Chelsey at check-in is tremendous. Speaks highly of the community that even in adversity, their spirit is unwavering. Glad we came.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for such a great review during some trying times with the weather. I noticed your comment about Chelsey, I will make sure she see's it. Come back and see us very soon.