“Great Hotel/Good Location”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel/Good Location”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a nice place for a family stay at the beach. The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was very kind. We arrived at 12:00 but our room wasn't supposed to be ready until 3:00. The front desk staff had a process in place to allow us to still enjoy the pool, towel service, etc. Very nice touch. Bell boys were very pleasant always greeting us as we entered the hotel.

Poolside bar was fun and quick to serve. We loved the loaded french fries - delicious and well priced. Kids thought they were terrific and we ordered them multiple times. Quick service.

Pool area always tidy and we saw pool attendants cleaning out the pool each morning. Not as easy task with people lugging sand into the pool each day but they vacuumed it all out. Sparkling.

Room was very comfortable and housekeeping was prompt and attentive. Beds were comfortable and pillows fluffy.

Nice restaurants within walking distance. If you get a chance I would recommend Red Fish Blue Fish right across the street for dinner with family.

Only down side was that the beach area has a rather quick drop off which makes walking the beach nearly impossible at this location. Nothing the Hilton can do - just natural. I prefer a flatter coast line personally but for Pensacola this was a great hotel.

Bring a cooler for the beach and chair rental company is great. No need to lug all that to the ocean. Great package rates if you are there more than one or two days.

Room Tip: Views are great from either side. I personally loved being on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Betsy S
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent visit with us, nice to see you noticed the different area's of our hotel. Will make sure I pass your comments around to our staff members to read. Hope you come back very soon for another visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Poor check-in customer service. They didn't have us listed on early check-in list despite calling in at 8:00 that morning. Room was incorrect type (lower floor with 1 bed, we requested top floor with 2 beds) and they did not care to fix the mistake. Fortunately the other staff was friendly and helpful so not a total lost vacation. However, there are better choices in Pensacola Beach.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey, I apologize for the room issue, would like to know more if you would care to contact me directly. Hope to see you back very soon for another stay with us.
Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great trip to Pensacola Beach and a good stay at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, overall.

First, the good. The hotel and rooms are very nice. Spend more for the balcony - it's worth it. Such a great view! The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were so quiet. When the door was shut, I never heard anyone in the hall. That seems to be unusual at hotels these days. The pool area and lobby are really nice and the beach, of course, is amazing. It is nice having a microwave and mini fridge in the room as well. There are a number of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel which is really convenient.

Now for the negatives and why I could not give this review a 5. Housekeeping was some of the worst I've encountered, and I travel quite a bit. I am not a picky person nor am I a neat freak, but it didn't seem that housekeeping cleaned our room at all. They also didn't come until about 4 pm which seemed really late to me. There are times we'd already be back from a day at the beach by that point. The only way I could tell they had been there was that the bed was made and we had clean towels. Other than that, there was sand everywhere, especially in the bathroom. I know hotels aren't going to clean the room thoroughly each and every day, but at a beach location, I think something needs to be done to keep the sand under control. We ran out of toilet paper and housekeeping didn't restock it. I understand their reasoning, but it's annoying that you aren't allowed to use a luggage cart without a bellhop. Sometimes you just want to carry in your luggage and groceries yourself. And finally, it's a minor complaint, but the elevators are really slow.

Again, these complaints are minor and wouldn't keep me from recommending this hotel but were enough to keep me from giving it a 5 review.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kac26
Thank you for such a great review on your recent visit. I apologize for the experiences with our housekeeping issues and would like to know more about the housekeeping issues and details if you would care to make contact with me directly. Hope to see you back very soon for another visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hilton Pensacola is a nice beach front resort option for families that are looking for a "reasonably" priced option in the Pensacola Beach area. The hotel offers three pools (one inside), a volleyball court, a pool bar and direct beach access. Most amenities are included in the cost of the room with the exception of the beach chairs which are managed by a separate company.

The rooms are nice - nothing spectacular but good for families Each room includes a microwave and fridge so families can save money by fixing their own meals - which I think many families do, Definitely get a room with a view - the balconies make the extra cost worth it..

Only negative of our visit was that the pool ran out of clean towels near the end of the day. The pool staff said they were going to get more but never did.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review on your recent visit. I apologize we ran out of the pool towels, will look into this and make the correction. Hope to see you back very soon for another visit.
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I found the rooms not to be up to the Hilton standards, I had 2 rooms it took the housekeeping till 5-6 in the afternoon to call themselves cleaning, Sand was left on the floor, the cleaning ladies were very loud on there cell phones, they never vacuum our floors, my sister asked for towels they were not folded.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
Green Features: Saw a lot of environmentally things done they were ok...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Money1079
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. I apologize we did not meet your expectations on our hotel rooms. Would like to know more information on your stay if you would care to make direct contact with me
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Pensacola Beach to get our last vacay in before school. The location of the hotel was GREAT! The breakfast was wonderful and reasonable. However our wonderful visit was met by horrible room cleaning. Our rooms weren't ever fully clean. The sheets were not changed like they were supposed to be. I know this because coming from the beach we tracked sand in. There was sand in and on the bed after they "cleaned it". Our tub was not clean and they didn't wipe off the counters. We had to ask for towels. One day they didn't get to our room until after 5pm. They never vacuumed so we had sand on the floors. I was very disappointed in Hilton. Our meals were comped, but you can't put a value on the disappointment....sorry Hilton....:(

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for spending the time to give us your comments on your recent stay. I would like to know more information on your stay if you would like to contact me directly. I do hope you come back again for another visit with us.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

For our entire visit, the staff, especially Marie Watson, made sure our stay was as pleasant, comfortable, and as fun as it could be! We will definitely be back! Thank you to all of you, especially Marie!

• Stayed July 2014
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent visit with us. Very happy to see Marie took great care of you while here. Hope to see you back very soon for another visit.