“Ok, but not my first choice”
Review of Shaggy's

Shaggy's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Shaggy's is a fun, beach, laid back restaurant with locations on Biloxi Beach, Pass Harbor, Gulfport Beach and Pensacola Beach. The menu is creative fun food with great choices for almost anyone. Looking for the perfect place to hang out or kick back. Come to the water and bring your vacation to dinner with you.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Shaggy's definitely has a great view of the bay (perfect for sunsets) and a relaxed atmosphere, but the food quality is about the same as most other beach restaurants...not exceptional. We tried the crab cake/fried green tomato appetizer (recommended as their best), but we were pretty disappointed. The crab cakes had very little actual crab meat, and the sauce lacked any real flavor. In theory, this should have been an excellent dish. We also had the grilled oysters, but unfortunately the Parmesan they were covered in completely drowned their natural flavor. The Mexican burger was the best dish we ordered, and it came topped with bacon and jalapeños.
On a more positive note, the service was some of the best we encountered in that area. The entire staff was friendly, not just our exceptional waitress, Olivia. The prices are comparable to the other local restaurants.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family of four recently enjoyed a dinner here. We chose it due to the variety on the menu and the fact that you could get a sandwich at dinner for a fairly reasonable price. Three of us had shrimp po boys and they were delicious. My other daughter had the bbq sandwich and she loved it. I shared her potato salad...and it was absolutely spectacular!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Ok, I confess that we normally go to Peg Leg Pete's for a quick casual meal, but we opted ti give this place a try while spending a week at the beach. This was a good choice. The place is casual, but the food was very good. We had the fish tacos, that were as good as any that we have had north of the Keys, the Smoked Wahoo dip was very good and not overly smoked, the Seafood mac and cheese was in my estimation, better than Sarah K's in Destin, which I thought was the best in the panhandle. The grilled oysters was really the only let down. I like my grilled oysters to have cajun seasonings, and the ones here are very bland and on the small side. The service was very good and friendly. Overall the experience was very good. We do plan to go back again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our original plan was to eat at peg leg Pete's but because it would've been an hour wait we decided to try Shaggy's..so glad we did! The restaurant doesn't have ac or windows it sits on the bay. We went at night the weather was cool & breezy! Service was great!!! It's a must to stop here & TRY to eat a R.I.P. Hot wing!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just past the toll booth on the right,
A great place to grab a bite or watch the sunset from their deck with a cocktail and appetizer.