“June 2013 vacation”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
st.louis mo.
“June 2013 vacation”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband an I just returned home from the Paradise Inn and I was extremely disappointed. We were really looking froward to going, we love Pensacola, and we wanted to take our dog so this seemed perfect. When we arrived though, sunday night, there was no parking near our room, when we finally got unpacked & in the room we noticed the refrigerator leaking which we reported right away & no one ever came, my husband finally fixed it, He also killed three huge water bugs during our stay. The dog beach was ok except there was always a crowd of people down there that stayed all day & night & we found people passed out all over the place the next morning. Thank goodness we found a beautiful dog beach down the road or the trip would have been a total waste. We paid for a villa, so it was expensive in my opinion. I don't expect a 5 star resort, just clean & comfortable is all I ever ask for. We use to stay at 5 Flags all the time (& we miss it very much) they were always on top of problems & always seemed to care about their customers. I didn't see evidence of that at this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mike4363
ParadiseInn21, Public Relations Manager at Paradise Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
We're sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Your feedback is always important to us. We do provide every room with a parking spot, however we do not provide reserved parking, so your spot might not always be right in front of your room. We are sorry that we were unable to fix your fridge late Sunday night, however we had maintenance personnel available with a new fridge 8:00 am on Monday. The "Do Not Disturb Sign" was hanging from your door, so we called your room and your cell phone numerous times, with no response. We try to respect our guest's privacy at all times. We wish we could have replaced or repaired the fridge, but the sign on your door and our unsuccessful attempts to reach you by phone prevented our maintenance personnel and housekeeping staff from entering your room the entire length of your stay. The night auditor from the Sunday night shift reported that he did not find several people passed out on the property, while doing his rounds. (If he did, he would have had them promptly removed.) Even though we wanted to take care of your issues during your stay and were unable to contact you, we still tried to remedy the situation. We gave you a refund of 3 times the amount we owed you, because we care. We are sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had a last minute vacation change and wanted to find a hotel somewhere on the beach but really couldn't afford anything extravagant. The hotel was very inexpensive so we weren't expecting much as far as amenities or value.

First of all, perfect location! Just a 10-15 minute walk to shopping, some of the best restaurants, the ferris wheel, the pier and marinas. The beach is across the street-about the length of a football field away.

Secondly, the room wasn't fancy but roomy and clean. The bathroom was a little cramped but clean. The bed was A-MAZING! Only problem we had was on our first night there-our room was right next to the pool area and at 1am there were some drunk people making a lot of noise, but called the front desk and they took care of it quickly. Everyone on the hotel staff were so friendly, right down to the housekeeping staff. The bands that the hotel hired to play at the bar and grill out back were great. It was wonderful to sit out there in the evenings, order some drinks, listen to the music and watch the sky change during sunset over Pensacola Bay.

I will definitely stay here again. Great family friendly atmosphere and music playing everywhere you go-true paradise, right??

Room Tip: Whether you stay on the ground floor or second floor, unfortunately there really isn't a good vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Heather N
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The customer is not right at the Paradise Inn. I was quoted $89 and was billed 127.00 per night.
I was told by the manager John to be honest in my review He never apologized for changing me more than I was quoted. He told me that they did not make the mistake. He said that since I changed the dates from May 20-24 to May 27-31 that I should know that it was summer pricing. When I realized that the price was not right the day prior to check out, I talked to the clerk on staff and he told me that it looked like I was quoted a price for a single queen bed instead of the double queen bed and that the girl that quoted me was new. The receipt states that it is “Late Spring” on the bill. I called 2-3 times and made sure my reservation and price were correct prior to going there and did not receive an email confirmation or a copy of my bill when I arrived, nor did they tell me what the charges would be when I arrived. Make sure you get it in writing for them!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
ParadiseInn21, Public Relations Manager at Paradise Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Paradise Inn. We’re sorry to hear that you feel you were overcharged. Since we are located on the island of Pensacola Beach, our rates are seasonal. Memorial Day weekend is typically the start of a very busy season out here on Pensacola Beach, so our rates do rise, as do the other hotels. If you make a reservation for a specific date and then change your arrival date, your price will reflect the new dates, not your old dates. (For example, if you book a room in January and then change your dates to June or July, your rates will not reflect the January price, but the June or July prices).
When you change your reservation, we let you know the rates on the phone. We also provide an email confirmation if you request one. When you check-in, we verify the total before we charge your card. We also handed you a state-registration card that you signed, giving the total for the first night. In addition, we provide a receipt upon check-in.
The rate before Memorial Day weekend for a room with 2 Queen beds is $119.99 plus tax (which equals $136.79 a night). The rate after Memorial Day weekend is $139.99 plus tax (which equals $159.99). You received a 20% discount for staying Monday through Thursday, which put your new nightly total at $127.67. It’s not possible that you were quoted $89 at the time of your original reservation because every clerk reads the rate from the computer, and a room with 2 Queen beds at your original date would not have reflected $89. (We do not read the rates from memory). We also verify the total with every booking (in addition to check-in times, cancellation policies, etc.).
If you did call 2-3 times to verify your rates, none of our employees would have offered you a different rate than what your reservation stated in the computer.
Again we’re sorry that you feel you were overcharged, but I hope this answers some of your questions. We are happy to correct issues when we make a mistake, but as I outlined in the steps above, there would have had to have been several mistakes made for your complaint to have validity. These include: no total stated when you made the reservation, no amount stated upon checked-in, no registration card signed (which we keep from every guest), no receipt received upon check-in, and a complete different rate stated than what is reflected in our reservation system. We strive to be fair and provide some of the lowest rates on Pensacola Beach. Thanks for staying with us.
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel and am currently staying there for an extended amount of time. Yes this place is older and it is on the sound side. But it has been updated and the sound is still beautiful water. They have their own small beach, a bar and grill, and live entertainment. The staff from the owner to the housekeepers are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Locals do hang there but I have never witnessed any bias towards tourists. Im not a local but have lived on the island in various hotels for almost 2 years, this is one of the best. If your looking for place that is easy going and has the beach life style feel, this is for you. If you want to be pampered and have a espresso in the morning then go to the costly chains.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AMH475
Brusly, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at Paradise Inn for the first time when I felt guilty about a trip I took and was looking for somewhere inexpensive to go to bring my son. If you're looking for some upity hotel, this isn't the place. But if you're looking for a nice getaway, this is the place. The staff was VERY nice (except for one guy that was EXTREMELY when I was charged for an upgraded room b/c the room I reserved wasn't available, but the manager that came in the next day called me, fixed the problem, and I had no more problems)...there's a private "beach" area in the back if you don't want to be on the bigger crowded beaches...there's a private pier in the back you can fish off or sit and watch the fish swim by...the food and drinks at the outdoor bar thingy were good and affordable...there was also a band playing that happened to be from Louisiana when I was there, so that was a plus also. The only reason this place doesn't get an Excellent rating is it's a little older and the microwave and stuff in the room was older, but hey...at least they had one. I'll be going back to Pensacola later this summer and will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank YoungJr42
Chickasaw, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Everything from the bed,food,entertainment is awesome.. You cant find a better place to stay.. Everyone is so friendly and the beds are to die for. They always have good entertainment. the pier is wonderful.. Its somewhere you can relax and enjoy yourself

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Judy W
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The staff were friendly both in the hotel and at the bar! Food and drinksat the bar were great. Live music which was something most hotels don't have. Didn't even have to leave the hotel to have a great time. I would highly recommend for anyone to stay there.

• Stayed May 2013