“It's all good!”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Cleveland, Tn
“It's all good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

The only pet friendly hotel on the island, Paradise Inn has local timeless charm. Each room is different and you may have more or less of different things according to the room. The staff are very accomodating and friendly. If you are a stickler for quiet and solitude, go somewhere else. If you are a music lover and likes to be social with the local crowd at the bar and grill then this is the place for you. This is my second trip and I will be a return customer. Come relax, enjoy an adult beverage, and put your toes in the sand.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

This was our (my husband & I, 2 teenagers & 2 dogs) first time visiting Pensacola Beach. I was very nervous because I had read one too many bad reviews about this place and was very iffy about staying at Paradise Inn. I am SO happy that we chose to stay here. We reserved a villa. The villa had 2 rooms. The first room had a futon with a tv and the second room had 2 queen beds. The second room is connected with the bathroom and also has the amenities such as a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Our villa also had a front and back door which made it very convenient for us! The Bar and Grill is also a plus! The food is excellent and the drinks are as well! It does take awhile for you to get your food though. The live band is entertaining.

Our dogs also had a blast! They swam and played on the beach off leash, allowing us to know that they'll be tired and sleeping when we're out sightseeing. Paradise Inn is VERY pet friendly!

Also, all of the families we met were VERY friendly and helpful!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank moconut
Gulfport, MS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

This place is not Th Ritz, but it is very laid back & charming. The rooms are small, but nice (not fancy) & have been updated. The hotel is across the street form the Gulf, right on the sound. There is a pavillion that has a bar & grill, and at night there is live entertainment. During the day you can lie in a lounge chair on the sound, enjoy the pool, or just walk across the street to enjoy the Gulf. It's also right in the middle of everything, so no need to drive.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

My wife booked this hotel for a little fourth of July weekend getaway. After finding out where she booked us, I pulled them up here. The reviews were almost exactly split, either people hated it or loved it. With an open mind and a need for so R&R, away we went. I would have to say that for the most part the reviews, bad and good were honest. This is what I call a perspective hotel. If you want 5 star service and a stuffy Hotel...go somewhere else, you won't like this place and to be honest they probably won't like you. If you want a laid back proprty with a laid back local flair, this place is for you.
The Good:
Dog friendly! Radar the hotel mascot has got to be the coolest dog I have ever met.
People friendly! Everyone was really nice. The staff was great, the bar staff was friendly (like having friends serve you). The guests were pretty friendly too.

The perspective factors:
Lots of college aged people. I am 42 my wife is younger than me. I like young people, they have fun. These kids weren't looking to beat anybody up or to party till they puked, but they did have a LOT of fun.
Live band right outside your door. Yeah, but if you are reading this you have been warned. the band typically stopped well before 11:00 (but after 10:00) It was fun.
Small rooms with foam (tempurpedic style) mattresses These rooms were cozy, but for the spin it is easier to cool a little room than a suite!
On the bay side (not the Gulf side) This was a plus for the 4th of July, because the fireworks are in the bay and we had amazing seats on the beach, hanging out with the locals.

The Bad:
Hot water was not so hot
Ice was hard to come by.
I had to go home after 2 nights (work calls, not the hotels fault.)

Summation:
Lighten up people! If you want a cool place to vacation with some laid back friendly folks, this is the "secret place". If not, go somewhere that snottiness and houghtiness is appreciated. This place was awesome!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jkwheel8766
Mandeville LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

We stayed at the Paradise this past weekend and we loved it!!! It is a bit of old Florida. Those looking for fancy would not be happy here. But if you prefer a laid back, easy going, friendlly place to stay with an awesome bay beach front bar and grill with live music and great drinks, you will be pleased. The rooms are decent, the pool small but sufficient and you can walk to restaurants on the island. We have stayed at more "upscale" places on P/Cola Beach over the years, but we sure did enjoy our stay at the Paradise. We'll be back!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Fort Lee, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

OK, the Paradise Inn is NOT pristine. It is a revamped, old-fahioned motor lodge on the soundside of Pensacola Beach. The housekeeping and furnishings leave something to be desired. The rooms are tiny, the bathrooms even smaller. The tv is mounted way too high. However, I really liked this place anyway. It was REAL. It has character. Yes, it is noisy at night; with loud music emanating from the bar/grill. This time of year it has more than its share of skinny, shirtless and drunk college boys. It's a fun place though. It reverberates with abundant life. The activity outside draws you to the window, if not to the bar itself. It is not your boring, average chain hotel with antiseptic rooms and silence in the lobby. If that is what you seek, you certainly will be unhappy at the Paradise, but if you want to experience some local flavor you may just love it. If you are concerned about the substantial noise, you can ask for a room set away from the bar, or do what I did and turn the air conditioner on high. I really wasn't bothered by the noise at all, although some drunk girl knocked on my door by mistake at 3:30 am. (Good thing I wasn't some bad guy). I will stay here again. It's a fun bargain for people with a little imagination and willingness to take a chance.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank budget_travel_girl
New Orleans, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2009

I really wanted to like this hotel. It was cheap, on the beach, and has a great website. We were put in this room in the back corner, no natural light except one tiny window. It was really odd shaped and the TV was on the ceiling. The bed was made of foam. It advertises wireless internet but it didn't reach our room. The room smelled like mildew. Breakfast was terrible even by my low standards. We checked out and went across the street to Days Inn to finish our vacation. The staff was friendly but a little clueless. I ordered a hamburger and asked for condiments--ketchup and mayo--and even asked specifically at the bar if they were in my order.. Of course they were not and I had to go back. The waitresses at the bar were typical in that if they thought you would tip well you got great service, otherwise good luck. The band was OK. It is very loud late into the night. Spend the extra $25 bucks and stay at the Days Inn.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — the quality of the room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple