Like another reviewer, we made a similar change of route from St. Simons Island, GA to Pensacola due to Tropical Storm Beryl. We are now grateful to Beryl!!!
We picked this hotel, based on the effusive reviews, and were a bit dubious about just how perfect this place could be. We got a double queen room, and it WAS all the previous reviewers said it would be. Our only critique of the room was that the rug was wet when we arrived...having just been cleaned due to a Memorial Day weekend mishap of some sort. But knowing it was Memorial Day, we were just grateful to have a room! Other than that...the room was excellent. We even spent a night or two just loafing in the room. The rooms are spacious, and as previous reviewers have all noted -- all rooms faced the gulf, with a balcony. How good is that? We can't say enough.
We would hate for anyone to get the idea that this hotel is "posh", due to all the rave reviews. Every star is earned for location, view, value, service, and the staff, who are out of this world. The building is older, having been The Dunes hotel in a previous life. But it has been renovated and other than it's apparent age...it is perfect.
They do have cabanas at the beach, for which you will have to pay, but it's worth it in the hot sun ($8 and hour for a double chair and umbrella and $25 for the same for 4 hours.).
We have fallen in love with the place and definitely plan on coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EVERY room at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. Located away from the crowds(our next door neighbor is a sand dune preserve)but close to everything. Our 100% smoke-free Pensacola Beach hotel offers an outdoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Each beachfront hotel room features a private Gulf front balcony. Whether you are in Pensacola Beach for business or leisure, our hotel provides a premiere serene location with comfortable amenities. The white sands of the Gulf of Mexico are literally in our backyard. Historic and scenic Fort Pickens National Seashore is a few miles from our hotel on Pensacola Beach. Diving, fishing, snorkeling and boating are fun activities nearby, and Quietwater Beach Boardwalk, within walking distance, offers shops and restaurants. Our great island location provides you with endless possibilities. Getting to meetings and conventions is easy as the Pensacola Civic Center is eight miles from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida. The Pensacola State College, Pensacola Christian College and Naval Air Station Pensacola are 15 miles away. Our hotel near Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS) is the perfect place to stay during your business trip. Come Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach and see that the only thing we overlook is the Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Holiday Inn Pensacola Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach Florida