“Great Management at this Property”

Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great Management at this Property”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The front desk is great at this property, anything you need just ask! They recommended some great restaurants and directions for us. All the rooms are beachfront and there is a chair/umbrella rental service that opens at 8 a.m. I believe it is $25 a day. The wifi and free breakfast are great. The breakfast area faces the view of the beach! I loved the balcony overlooking the beach. This property does not have a restaurant or bar, so we had to make a run to the local Wal-Mart. The refrigerator was convenient and the rooms were clean. The beds were firm and that is what we like. I thought the room was a little pricey, but for beachfront, expect to pay that.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We usually stay at the Hampton but wanted to try something different. I booked based on TA reviews. This is a great hotel. As a couple others have pointed out, don't get the idea that it is a luxury hotel. It is not. It is clean but I wish they had vaccumed the sand from the bathroom each day. I have definitely had more comfortable beds in other hotels. The price, which is a little steep in my opinion, is for the location. We have never had a room facing the beach and when we opened the blinds for the first time it literally took my breath away. The beach area for this hotel does seem to be a little less crowded and I loved that. A downside is that it is not walking distance to shops and restaurants and we did kind of miss that aspect.

The breakfast is good and I always appreciate having that at a hotel although I don't like having to stand in line. They do it differently at some other hotels but that's just a small thing.

Now for the staff! They were wonderful. Hats off to Tyler at the front desk. He always had a smile and was so helpful and genuinely interested in how we were doing. Robbie, the maintenance guy, was also great. We managed to lock ourselves out not once but twice (don't ask) and he was there right away to help us out. Also, another guy (I think his name was Tony) approached us in the lobby and asked if everything was to our satisfaction and said if we needed anything at all to let him know. When my kids were given toy sharks, my dad jokingly asked if they had any more and they did not. Later, there was a bucket with a toy shark hanging on his door!
These people went above and beyond.

We would definitely stay here again!! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dallas_TXMom22
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I read all the reviews on TR before booking this hotel, and they were right on the money! The pictures on the hotel's site are exactly what you get. The employees are beyond helpful. I forgot my sunscreen and was going to go to the Tom Thumb store to get some when the staff produced a full size tube for me. The gulf front room was clean, the view was spectacular, and even rain couldn't deter the wonderful time I had! The breakfast was good, and they even had coffee ready by 5 a.m. (I like to see the sunrise.) They keep the cabinet stocked with beach towels, and when the cabinet was temporarily empty, they produced one for me from behind the desk. The west end of the island, where this hotel is located, is much quieter, and I found it a perfect place for a little R&R. Umbrellas and chaises are for rent on the beach--$30 for the entire day. It was worth it to me to be able to go and come--I just kept my beach towel on my chaise to show that it was rented. You can charge the rental to your room, if you desire. I think their rental hours are 8 - 5.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor. The view was superb!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I spent 6 weeks at this hotel on company business and Holiday Inn exceded by expectations.
The hotel not only provided the WIFI connection, they also provided a scanner for me to scan documents to my office late in the evening. The room was spacious and the view of the gulf from my balcony was gorgeous.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We were visiting family in Pensacola, and decided to spend two nights at this hotel to get the beach experience. Super place. The view from our room was beautiful, looking out at the gulf waters and white sands of the beach. Our room was extremely clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The private balcony overlooking the ocean was a real treat. We could watch the moon sparkle on the water before bed, and wake up to the sound of the surf in the morning. Great breakfast too, and the pool was very refreshing after riding the waves in the Gulf.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be good from what I could tell. Higher floors would have even a better v...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Like another reviewer, we made a similar change of route from St. Simons Island, GA to Pensacola due to Tropical Storm Beryl. We are now grateful to Beryl!!!

We picked this hotel, based on the effusive reviews, and were a bit dubious about just how perfect this place could be. We got a double queen room, and it WAS all the previous reviewers said it would be. Our only critique of the room was that the rug was wet when we arrived...having just been cleaned due to a Memorial Day weekend mishap of some sort. But knowing it was Memorial Day, we were just grateful to have a room! Other than that...the room was excellent. We even spent a night or two just loafing in the room. The rooms are spacious, and as previous reviewers have all noted -- all rooms faced the gulf, with a balcony. How good is that? We can't say enough.

We would hate for anyone to get the idea that this hotel is "posh", due to all the rave reviews. Every star is earned for location, view, value, service, and the staff, who are out of this world. The building is older, having been The Dunes hotel in a previous life. But it has been renovated and other than it's apparent age...it is perfect.

They do have cabanas at the beach, for which you will have to pay, but it's worth it in the hot sun ($8 and hour for a double chair and umbrella and $25 for the same for 4 hours.).

We have fallen in love with the place and definitely plan on coming back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank HighlandCreek
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We decided last minute to change our route from Savannah to Pensacola due to the Storm Beryl. We were fortuante enough to get the last two rooms at this hotel, which happened to be exactly what we needed! We had adjoining rooms, one was King (handicap) and the other was 2 Queens. Both of the rooms were very spacious, and had private balconies that faced the ocean. All the balconies face the ocean, and the lobby is just a breathtakingly beautiful ceiling to floor window view of outside.
We were a family of 2 adults, and 3 teens who all thoroughly enjoyed the amenities that this property offered. The free daily breakfast is fabulous and well maintained, they have afternoon fruit and popcorn available as well as a water cooler and coffee available 24/7. They have free wi-fi, though it was not super strong on the end units, but it did work really fast in the lobby.
Also in Lobby, we borrowed boogy boards, floats, noodles, and buckets for our beach and pool play. I've never seen a hotel offer such items to their guests, and it certainly was appreciated by us!
The cleaning staff were also wonderful during our stay, as were the front desk staff and everyone on the property. We all truly were pleased with the friendliness of everyone, the cleanliness of the property, and the value of this hotel. We can not wait to return!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have balconies facing the ocean. We had a great view from the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family