“PERFECT HOTEL-A+++ Rating! Really Good!”

Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“PERFECT HOTEL-A+++ Rating! Really Good!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

GREAT HOTEL - clean! A++ Friendly! A++ they have a good breakfast - hot food, cereal, juices, plenty of tables, patio tables, etc.. They have fresh, HOT cookies in the lobby, popcorn & Microwave. They keep plush blue/white beach towels behind the front counter & at the Pool for guests! Laurie checked us into Room 608. - elevator clean & didn't smell. Room was clean (And I LOOKED!) & plenty of room for 4 Girls{Lots of luggage!} There is a double closet for your clothes, iron, ironing board, Fridge was tucked neatly under the TV, great balcony - ALL Rooms faced the beach. Walk-way over the dunes to the beach. Easy check in- Yes, Laurie recognized me as a PriorMember, I requested a late check-out - 2pm, no problem! We checked in on a Wednesday and out on a Saturday - and besides us 4 - as far to the left & right as I could see; there Might have been 30 more Families! LOVED IT! the pool is a zero-entry, still heated{May7th} and was wonderful! plenty of table and chairs on the deck. I have No Complaints on this Hotel & as many HIE as we hit year-round - I've seen it all! This is one of the best! If Had any CONS to add - it would be to the hotel: there is NO MICROWAVE IN THE ROOMS - the only microwave is in the lobby; and the second that the BEACH CHAIRS are all rentals - the hotel does not have any on the beach. There is a private company that rents them at $8 an hour (PRICELY) or $30 per day - which in only 9am to 5pm, so don't think you will get them ALL DAY, which I thought was Very High Priced and the times were crap. But the hotel does have chairs at the pool and on their patio, just not on the beach. It might ramp up in the summer {June/July} months, but on May 7th - it was quiet, peaceful and just the place to relax! Shopping and Restaurants are very close, but get to the restaurants EARLY (maybe 5pm) or you Will Be Waiting! Stay here - you will love it also! Check out my pictures!

Room Tip: room 608 - elevator up to 6th floor, great view - all rooms face the ocean!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank dvpage
Beverly M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Your pictures are wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to post them for others to see. I think our guests pictures on TripAdvisor are much better than the professional ones on our web site. I posted an explaination of why we chose not to put microwaves in the guest rooms and only provide one in the great room on a review below. I hope that you will read it and understand the compromise of allergies & smells to convenience. Also, for those who do not want to pay for Horizon Beach Service's set ups and service- there is a bin by the outdoor ping pong table that contains beach toys & supplies guests have left behind for others. Often there are chairs and umbrellas along with floats,etc. There are several nearby stores and a Walmart that sell them so even if you are flying in you can purchase some and leave them for the next guest. But then again you won't get the large sturdy umbrellas that Horizon provides. Thank you for A++++ rating and I hope you will be back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the area. Unfortunately, the weather was not very warm at the time of our stay, so we didn't use the pool. The rooms have adequate space and all are ocean front. The beds were not as comfortable as I had expected and the rooms didn't seem to be very soundproof. My room had a mini-fridge but no microwave.The staff at the hotel is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is convenient but just "okay." My stay here was good enough that I will consider this hotel again when traveling to the Pensacola area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tllcjb
Beverly M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your review and your honest feedback. I am happy that you rate us as a nice hotel & would consider staying with us again and I certainly hope you do- for years to come. We have had several mentions of no microwave in the rooms & there is a reason we do not put them in. We have found that microwaves in rooms create odors that can permeate into the soft goods, such as drapes, carpets and bedding. Seafood odors are particularly difficult to eradicate. We have attempted to make all our guest rooms as hypoallergenic as possible. We want each guest to arrive to a fresh, clean room with the only scent being that of the ocean breeze. We do provide a microwave (with microwave popcorn) in the great room where we serve breakfast after the breakfast bar closes at 10. It stays there until 5:30 am. Many guests use this Gulf front location to heat their lunches and dinners and dine while enjoying the view, the fireplace & waterfall. We hope that you will, too.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were looking for a beach view and balcony. There are many hotels in that area that fit that description but this one cannot be beat. I went there based on the positive reviews I read and I certainly now agree with them. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The hotel is very clean and quiet for a great night sleep. Breakfast is included. I highly recommend it and will go there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank samthedog4
south staffs
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel did not disappoint in any area. From the friendly welcome by the front desk, helpful breakfast staff who supplied gluten free items willingly, lovely heated pool and the location on the shore of the gulf of Mexico. It was all excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the sea. All are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joebloggsSouthStaffs
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here recently in an end room, king suite. Room was spacious. Two sinks, which was nice. Comfy bed. There was a mini fridge but no microwave. All rooms have wonderful gulf view. We were on the third floor. The weather was not good, so did not get to use the pool. The front desk staff very helpful. We could not get connected to wi fi in our room. We were told they were upgrading their system. So I hope this gets resolved. So that was a negative. Overall good place to stay on Pensacola Beach.

Room Tip: End room king suite. Very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverly M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for compliment of the front desk staff. I waited to reply to your concern about our internet so that I could report that we have enhanced it with a fiber optics system, which we have completed. This gives us much more bandwith and faster speed. We have also ordered additional upgraded wireless internet access points which should arrive and be installed soon, solving our connection issues we had in some locations of the hotel. We hope you will return soon and test it out.
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spend 4 days in this hotel, the crew is very friendly and helpful. I am extremely satisfied, not sure if I stay there off season but the beaches were not crowd it at all, the pool was warm and clean. Breakfast to be included was excellent. We never had a problem with theWIFI and 5 people in the room was using the WIFI at the same time. I was not a big fan of the Holiday Inn most of the time me and my family use to stay at the Hilton, however with this trip to Pensacola Beach I must say I was impressed with the friendly Staff, I work in a customer service environment and I think the staff is well trained I highly recommend this Hotel.

This place is very clean and only steps away from the beach. Simple Perfect!!!!

Room Tip: can't go wrong staying in this place every room has a ocean view is just perfect
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TRAVE7ER
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A few kids, but mainly couples. Great place for relaxation. We arrived early, and Tyler was so accommodating and welcoming we couldn't have started our weekend any better. Hearing the waves from our room was intoxicating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple