This hotel seems to want you to think that they cater to the family crowd. Things like the location and the lazy river are enticing to families with kids. However, after staying there 5 nights, it seems they are more interested in bringing in the party crowd.
At the check in desk they display a sign saying they are a 100% smoke free property. This was important to us because we have children with asthma. However, we were unable to use the pool at times because of the smoking. We even approached the front desk about it and were told that smoking is allowed in the pool area. How could they display a sign declaring themselves a smoke free property?
We paid to stay on the ocean side and had a balcony. However, they allowed groups of young people to sit in the pool area into the morning hours smoking and drinking. We couldn't even enjoy our balcony and view because we had to be breathing their smoke and listening to them party. On other nights, there were people smoking on the balconies of their '100% smoke free property' rooms which meant we got to enjoy that smoke on our balcony too!
Also, at 6 am one morning, we were awakened by the fire alarm. Apparently a water line had broken and set it off. We were evacuated and it was rough to be out in the parking lot in pajamas with kids, no shoes, cold, etc. Once we were allowed back in no one apologized, not one word was uttered to us about it. Again, it was unfortunate to be treated this way after paying so much.
The day before we left, we began having to drip our way in and out of the cold lobby in order to sign in and sign out for pool towels.
Two days of our stay we had difficulty getting our room cleaned. One of those days, it wasn't cleaned at all. Even having left specific daily requests for towels, we had to contact the front desk and request (and wait...) for more. Repeatedly. Also, our sheets were not changed properly.
It's a minor thing but the fridge in the room doesn't have a freezer section. It's just inconvenient when you want to pack snacks for kids.
The breakfast buffet was good but a little pricey. But they had excellent service.
In the end, this hotel had a lot of potential. However, the bad starts to outweigh the good after a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Florida