This was our first stay at the Holiday Inn Resort in Pensacola Beach. We were very satisfied with the cleanliness of the property and the rooms. You were in constant contact with maintenance employees who were very friendly while they cleaned the property; they were not intrusive at all and it was very calming to know that everything was very clean including the pool. We originally booked a beach side room with two queen beds but we were upgraded for free to the "kids" suite. We were allowed to view both rooms before we made our final decision. The kids suite has a partitioned room with a bunk bed and a PlayStation 3. You can rent games from the hotel staff but we found it cheaper to buy our kids some cheaper PS3 games at Wal-Mart. This room is on the Bay side instead of the beach side so we missed out on the private balcony and the view of the beach but it kept our kids sane when they couldn't go to the beach or the pool. The pool is very kid friendly and has a lazy river that is around 3 ft. deep. There is one area where it is 5 ft deep but as long as you are with your kid and/or they can swim, they should be OK. The pool can become very crowded around mid-day and you probably won't be able to find a pool chair unless you "claimed" it with personal towels and/or belongings early in the morning (and I do mean early). They also have a kiddie pool that is 1 ft. deep and two saunas. Every night at 8 pm, the hotel has a movie for the kids. This is usually done at the pool on a big inflatable screen but if weather doesn't permit, they have the movie on the second floor of the hotel. Also, they have activities for the kids at the pool every day. They can party with pirates and swim with the mermaids, have their face painted and even paint seashells.The Riptide Sports Bar and Grill has some really great food (I personally recommend the Lemon Pepper wings), however, the breakfast buffet is less to be desired. Service can be extremely slow at times. And while I realize they can get busy and that they cook to order, a family of 5, with children aged 5 and 7, can get bored very quickly waiting on food, especially when it takes 40+ minutes and you don't want them getting back in the pool before they eat. Prices for food and other things such as beach chairs and small items like kids toys and sun screen seem a little on the expensive side but this isn't a shock since it's a very touristy area. The beach chair rentals are $6 an hour or $34 for the day (the beach chair rental company is not affiliated with the hotel but they can charge the fee to your room if you prefer). They start setting these chairs up very early in the morning and in the good spots so if you plan on getting a good spot on the beach with your own chairs, head out there around 5 or 6 am. You can have items such as food, alcoholic drinks, and trinkets charged to your room and the resort also offers room service but a 20% service charge will be added. This is not a complain but rather something that people considering booking this resort should be aware of. Another point of note is that the "Kids Eat Free" promotion is only for eating at the restaurant NOT for room service, the Tiki bar or poolside service. The only complaint that we had is that for the price that we were paying for the room, they could have at least added a Continental breakfast in for free like most standard hotels and Holiday Inns do. The Tiki bar has some really awesome staff! Our favorite bartender was Taylor. She is very friendly and upbeat. She was very quick on her feet and was attentive to all of her customers, making sure their drinks were full and that they were happy. We were slightly unhappy with the price of the drinks since we could find them cheaper at a regular bar but we were satisfied with how the drinks were made. If you don't want to purchase alcoholic beverages from the bar, there is a liquor store located next door to the hotel. If you are looking to honeymoon or to come as a couple, this resort probably wouldn't fit your needs as it is very much tailored to families with children. Overall, our experience was great. Not sure if we will visit again but it was a very memorable experience and we will remember this place if we decide to have another resort vacation on the Florida panhandle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Florida