We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort this past weekend as a last taste of summer before heading back to school. I think because school has started or is starting it wasn't as busy as it looked a couple of weeks ago when we stayed at another local hotel which was great for us. Our kids 7 & 9 LOVED the lazy river/pool area. They also enjoyed the tiny game room. I definitely feel that the resort is geared towards families with younger children. There are kids activities throughout the day near the pool including a water balloon toss, pirate "show", and swimming with a mermaid.
The room we were assigned was ready when we arrived early so it was nice to be able to check right in. It was clean and with two queen beds and a small balcony was just enough room for our family of 4 but we didn't really spend much time in the room anyway. It was clean when we returned from our day at the pool too.
The Tiki bar is nice for walk up drinks and there are also servers that circle around the pool to see if you want to order drinks which was nice when we just wanted to lounge while the kids swam. On the beach you can rent chairs/umbrellas from Lazy Days Rentals and charge it to your room. They even rent a catamaran which my husband took out several times when the wind conditions were right. Also, when we were there they had their "dive-in" movie which is a blow up movie screen near the pool.
On the down side, Riptides, the sports bar in the lobby, was a little on the slow service side. I ordered a take out meal of a PBJ kids meal for my daughter and pulled pork tacos for myself and it took close to an hour for it to ready. We kept checking back in and at one point were told they were on a delay but it wasn't clear what was causing it since I only saw one table in use at the restaurant - maybe they had a lot of room service orders? Also, I'm not sure that a family with older teens or a couple would enjoy the hotel as much as we did.
There are some other restaurants within walking distance (within .5 mile) so if the weather is nice it would be worth it to venture off the property. We had a great breakfast at Native Cafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Florida