“Dinner”

McLaughlin's Corner
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kilrea
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Caesar salad was terrible lettuce was withered which they did replace , staff never smile , seemed to be locals they concentrated on .

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Jeanette M

Ballymena
“A hidden gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Really enjoyed a delicious 3 course meal here for the price of our main course. Could not believe the quality and freshness of the food it was really fantastic. (And i like nice food!! )
My low grade for atmosphere was only because we called in at 5.30 mid week I've no doubt this place is packed the rest of the time. If it's not it should be! A definite hidden gem!

• Visited February 2014
Co. ANTRIM
“Fantastic Family Restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I've been to this Family run establishment on many occasions now and have to say I have never had a bad meal in it yet. McLaughlin's Corner was initially recommended to my Parents many years ago by neighbours of ours and after trying it they enjoyed it so much they have became regular customers. Hence how I was introduced to it. And I can honestly say hand on heart that you couldn't meet nicer people or enjoy good wholesome food in a more homely environment anywhere else. The Sunday Dinner or Lunch is absolutely delicious. My personal favourite being the Steak or Roast Beef Dinner. And the Sticky Toffee Pudding is just heaven. The Staff are more than helpful with anything you need. Everyone makes you feel at home and makes a real effort to chat and get to know you that it's just like visiting friends now when we go there and they try to seat you in an area you prefer if possible and if you haven't tried it yet then you're definitely missing out. This is a place to relax and enjoy a yummy meal with a great family atmosphere and buzz about the place. And I can honestly say if you try it once you'll definitely be back. I can't wait to get out again for a real succulent tasty Steak. It's a hidden gem. Keep up the Good Work McLaughlin's and keep up the Yummy Food. I'll be out again soon for a big feed. :0)

5 Thank TIMKO77
“Good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Mclaughlins corner is always a cert for good food And now even better value too as the menu has changed. We love the warm surroundings and staff are always attentive and friendly. I had fillet steak (a firm favourite I this establishment) as the meat is always tender and cooked to perfection. Would recommend this restaurant for good food and good value.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jamie B
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband, 3 children and I visited McLaughlins Corner on Sunday 10/8/13 and i was disappointed. i have been several times in the past in the evenings but never for Sunday lunch and unfortunately never again. I pre-booked a table for the lunch - not carvery. When we arrived we were shown promptly to our table and sat there for at least 15 mins before our order was taken. We ordered starters and main course. Starters eventually arrived after another 15 mins and we then waited at least another 10 /15 mins for our main meal. The food was good and i couldn't complain about it. The carvey was extremely busy and i felt that we were forgotten about because we were not taking the carvey! We were served by a pleasant young lady however the excessive delay we experienced would put me off returning!

• Visited August 2013